Buying a Raptor through Costco?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MOST Dealers won't touch "Special Pricing" on Limited Production Vehicles, such as SVT Raptors and Shelby's

randy

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score
MOST Dealers won't touch "Special Pricing" on Limited Production Vehicles, such as SVT Raptors and Shelby's

randy

I looked into this before I bought mine, and Randy is correct. Thru both the Amex and Costco plans I got no responses from the dealers. The one that did call politely informed me that they were not doing that on Raptors.

Use Randy for a hassle-free experience and a good deal:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/k...ptor-review-randy-wilson-harley6lf250sdu-945/

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Where do you guys live?
Before I decided to wait to buy I went through AMEX, so it was a few months ago, I got 6 emails and 4 phone call's within 10 minutes. After an hour I had a total of 16 dealerships within 100 miles trying to get my sale.
Everyone of them were ready to give me $500 over invoice.

Weekly I get emails from 2 dealerships still trying to get my business

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Where do you guys live?
Before I decided to wait to buy I went through AMEX, so it was a few months ago, I got 6 emails and 4 phone call's within 10 minutes. After an hour I had a total of 16 dealerships within 100 miles trying to get my sale.
Everyone of them were ready to give me $500 over invoice.

Weekly I get emails from 2 dealerships still trying to get my business

We're in Orange County as well.

My best guess on what's going on there is that they were doing 2010s through the retail order verification program, which enabled dealers to order them while not affecting their allocation. So worst case for dealer is that he makes $500 selling a Raptor. Best case for dealer is that guy backs out of deal, dealer gets an extra Raptor to sell at MSRP-ish. I heard Ford was reworking or eliminating this for 2011 and it can't be done yet.

Bear in mind this is based on info gleaned off various forums a few months ago, so take it with an internet-forum-sized grain of salt.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're in Orange County as well.

My best guess on what's going on there is that they were doing 2010s through the retail order verification program, which enabled dealers to order them while not affecting their allocation. So worst case for dealer is that he makes $500 selling a Raptor. Best case for dealer is that guy backs out of deal, dealer gets an extra Raptor to sell at MSRP-ish. I heard Ford was reworking or eliminating this for 2011 and it can't be done yet.

Bear in mind this is based on info gleaned off various forums a few months ago, so take it with an internet-forum-sized grain of salt.

Tod, your correct on retail order verification program, not available for 2011 Raptors.

randy

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What would be $500 over invoice price wise? Is there a formula for this? What about A-plan?
There is NO plan pricing available on any svt vehicle at this time. The only way to tell you what invoice price is to get a list of each option you want and break it down. You can easily do this yourself online at sites like New Cars Pricing and Comparisons Local, Regional and National Car Price Reports at TrueCar. My dealer provided me with the invoice price and the msrp. on the vehicle I wanted. The prices he gave me matched exactly what I found online to the dollar. FYI, I offered him $200 over invoice and he took about 2 mins. to get get it approved, deal done! After all the paperwork, I was sitting down and having dinner 45 mins. later. Good luck!

iitenaciousg

Reaction score
Nice one Joker! Give me the example of your deal if you will. Options, MSRP, Invoice, etc. I'm just trying to get a gauge here.

Sidenote: That stinks about no A-plan, but I understand why. SVT is the shizz.