Buying a high mileage raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reagle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd always go with the LEAST amount of owners. 4 ownersmeans that thing has been passed around a lot. I'd do the 2014 even though it has more miles.

Aboshi

Reaction score
High mile shouldn’t be an issue like everyone is saying, as long as it was maintained properly.
I just picked up a 2013 with 245k miles on it! Paid $14,750 after transport to me. 2 owners and the first owner drove it 42,500 miles a year until 2017 and then it was sold to the guy I got it from who put 70k on it (14k mikes a year). Both owners babied this truck and it shows. The second owner owns a horse farm and actually put the truck to work, so it wasn’t just a total pavement queen. Engine pulls like a beast, frame is super clean, only rust is on driver cab corner (gotta love north east salt) and it needs lower ball joints and full suspension rebuild. So I just got a set of 3.0 tests and I’m having the front 2.5s rebuilt. I think the 6.2L has proven itself for ford and is probably the only motor they made they is relatively trouble free (valve springs aside) granted it’s no Toyota 5.7 that can hit 1 million miles without issue, these are still known to hit 400k easily.