GEN 2 Builtrite Mount, 67 Design and RAM mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's a couple of quick pics. I've had many, many phone mounts. You can see in the vent the one I've been successfully using for a while, the simple, cheap Koomus magnetic mount. Works with a silicone case on by placing the slim metal sheet inside the case. The D67 does not work well with cases and so I placed the metal sheet on the outside of the case.

But I must say, of all the places I've mounted a phone, I really like this. It blocks nothing and is just a great location. The dark (turned off) phone on the right is in their expandable mount. I like that also.
p3422277172-5.jpg

same puppy as above:
p3422276795-5.jpg

p3422276807-5.jpg

Last edited:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I purchased 3 balls, figuring I'd be able to mount the GoPro on the middle ball. I also bought their Damn adaptor. I think it's for larger size balls. It serves me no purpose and was about 35 bucks down the drain. It doesn't go on the middle ball you see above nor any RAM mount ball I have.

I then purchased the GoPro mount pictured below. Without an arm, it too is useless. A bit disappointed in that, I must say. Perhaps my fault, but maybe the web site could be clearer.

p3422280701-5.jpg

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would mounting a dash cam with this work or do dash cams need to be up higher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a pic of my dash cam, above the Uniden R7 and below the rear view mirror. That's where I recommend they go.

p3422288123-5.jpg

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my dash cam, above the Uniden R7 and below the rear view mirror. That's where I recommend they go.

p3422288123-5.jpg
Very nice. How is that mounted?

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very nice. How is that mounted?

ty. It's mounted with the mount it comes with, 3M tape on a squarish mount, right to the windshield. And I'm not on my 3rd windshield, having had the first two crack, one unknown cause, second due to a rock hitting it. Glass place removed mount with heat. I purchased extra mount tape from Blackvue to remount.

What would really be ideal is if Blendmount, which the detector is mounted with, would get on the ball and make a dual mount for a detector and dash cam, as they make mounts for each but it would be a rare mirror stem indeed that you could mount two on.

PitchforkR

Reaction score
ty. It's mounted with the mount it comes with, 3M tape on a squarish mount, right to the windshield. And I'm not on my 3rd windshield, having had the first two crack, one unknown cause, second due to a rock hitting it. Glass place removed mount with heat. I purchased extra mount tape from Blackvue to remount.

What would really be ideal is if Blendmount, which the detector is mounted with, would get on the ball and make a dual mount for a detector and dash cam, as they make mounts for each but it would be a rare mirror stem indeed that you could mount two on.
So much this. Ive got almost an identical setup as you, except its my yaesu radio head, Xs Max, and iPad. I use a blend mount for my valentine, and all i have left hanging out and ugly is my Owlcam. I may just go with a black vue and put it high on the windshield behind the mirror so that i don’t have to look at it.

Rapteroid

Reaction score
If you look at the angle of the raptor tray and the angle of the built-right part, they are matches to make a level service when installed, if you flip it @HeavyAssault it would be angled up not flat. Thats not a huge problem with the arms etc, just not as factory as the way it was intended.