GEN 2 Builtrite Mount, 67 Design and RAM mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Builtright only makes the mount itself. Not the balls. That is 67 Design.
Yes, my mistake. I meant 67 Design. I think my problem (among the many my wife claims I have lol) is the picture of the ball mount on 67 website is a very poor pic and looks nothing like the OP's pic here. Either that, or his pic is so good it is making the balls look like shiny metal. Maybe it's just the light reflection.

Anyway, just ordered 3 balls with mounting plates, 2 CF matte arms (thought I preferred shiny but they are out of stock until mid june; thought shiny would match the CF interior of the Raptor better but matte is fine), and some other piece that allows different sizes to be used. $175 in all.

Again, ty to the OP for this excellent thread.

OP
OP
BlazinPond

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, my mistake. I meant 67 Design. I think my problem (among the many my wife claims I have lol) is the picture of the ball mount on 67 website is a very poor pic and looks nothing like the OP's pic here. Either that, or his pic is so good it is making the balls look like shiny metal. Maybe it's just the light reflection.

Anyway, just ordered 3 balls with mounting plates, 2 CF matte arms (thought I preferred shiny but they are out of stock until mid june; thought shiny would match the CF interior of the Raptor better but matte is fine), and some other piece that allows different sizes to be used. $175 in all.

Again, ty to the OP for this excellent thread.

No problem. Glad you got it all sorted out. Post up a pic when you get it all mounted up.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A question....Those long arms seem like they would have a lot of leverage on the ball mount and could flex/slip....I run the RAM mount system and still had to modify my Ipad mount to run 2 balls to keep the Ipad from creeping down when bouncing around off road...

Ipad Mount4.jpg

Ipad Mount3.jpg

Ipad Mount6.jpg

OP
OP
BlazinPond

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A question....Those long arms seem like they would have a lot of leverage on the ball mount and could flex/slip....I run the RAM mount system and still had to modify my Ipad mount to run 2 balls to keep the Ipad from creeping down when bouncing around off road...

View attachment 123218

View attachment 123219

View attachment 123220

While I don’t have a ton of weight on them, they are beyond rock solid. No flexing at all. I’m quite impressed.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got all parts in mail. Probably going to install today. Stay tuned. Lol.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I did get all the parts I ordered. I figured one of my many phone mounts would work, but none have a simple ball to attach to the CF arms so I'll have to order one. I do have a proclip mount I'm not using, but it also did not have the requisite ball to mount.

I purchased the DAM piece from D67 but don't have any idea what it's used for. You beginning to get the picture? Yeah I'm a bit challenged. What more proof do you need than after wrestling with the damn thing to get out, when all was almost said and done and I snapped it back in, I forgot to attach the center channel wire, so out it came again.

Word to the wise and warning: I used a trim tool. When I got the trim tool under one side I attempted to hold it up with my thumb. MISTAKE. It snapped back down and pinched the crap out of my thumb, not only causing an under skin blood blister, but one that also oozed out. Lovely, I know.

So, without further adieu, I'll put up and shut up:
p3412792281-5.jpg

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
got the phone mounts yesterday. Nice quality for sure, as is the rest. Very fast shipping also.

I'll take a pic later of two phones mounted and a GoPro in the middle.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would mounting a dash cam with this work or do dash cams need to be up higher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BlazinPond

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would mounting a dash cam with this work or do dash cams need to be up higher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My opinion is yes....for sure.
Especially since the 67 carbon rod can be different sizes and angles.
Although it 'might' benefit from being higher.