GEN 2 Builtrite Mount, 67 Design and RAM mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

William Henglein

Reaction score
So after seeing this thread I went out and purchased the 67 design arms. My setup is a little different. I bought the 1 inch ball conversion for the 67 design arms so I can run RAM mounts. Also I had a RAM arm already. So I use a 1 inch ball on the dash as a third arm.

My RAM ball is easy to remove. It comes with a male threaded post and I have a wing nut and can easy remove the ball. The 67 design uses 3 M4-.7 6mm screws they were extremely difficult to install without removing mount from the dash. Point being is if you don’t want to be looking at the balls on you dash then you may want the RAM balls. That said my cell phone mount will be on most of the time so best to use the 67 design arms. They are much smaller.

Also I installed USB charging on the dash for a clean install. Wires are under the arms and not noticeable. Tuck the extra wiring under the mount. My installer offered to tap into the USB on the radio but I choose to connect to to an AUX switch. I don’t know enough about the wiring to say tapping into the factory wiring wouldn’t screw up the electronics. I’ve had installers muck things up before. One regret is I could have gotten the USB-c charging ports. These are the fast charging ports that also work with iPhones.

240c7504d2d0194ee433b7f8050b1af0.jpg

2fdc880f9dd6af82dfe41384da4a6677.jpg

9efdc946ac9d3f4351efa173e201d6ac.jpg

7c796b535970b569e36910d3a87b6b07.jpg

030dc4c84b226e1a5673a155e0884be0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William Henglein

Reaction score
One other point. The 67 design arms look amazing and are not so bulky. However. They didn’t include screws and Lowe’s didn’t have compatible screws Ace hardware did though. I think they sell a base that adds thickness to the balls the may help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice set up guys. Im hoping to mount my iPhone and the new Garmin Overlander. Will definitely be doing this once I get the truck.

FINRPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to have the bracket flipped around to the back?? That looks like it would still allow you to drop stuff in the cubby (if needed). Not to mention the arms look like they can be adjusted in length so that could help.

The mount has an angle built into it. It may end up not being level after installing it. I don’t think that really matter though.