Built motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motor is back in the truck. Breaking it in. Not sure if its just in my head or not the the motor feels smoother and better balanced than the factory motor. It has been 4 months since I drove the truck so it could all be in my head. Ryan did a great job on everything.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am a novice but I have a small question. I believe you mentioned before that you were running a 2018 oem Turbo? If yes, I assume you are running a very aggressive tune to get to 600HP+? What tune are you running?

Motor is back in the truck. Breaking it in. Not sure if its just in my head or not the the motor feels smoother and better balanced than the factory motor. It has been 4 months since I drove the truck so it could all be in my head. Ryan did a great job on everything.

OP
OP
C

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just stock 18 turbos for now. It will get bigger turbos when more options are available down the road.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Any idea how much power the drive train components can handle? What’s the weak link there?

What about launches in the different 4wd modes? I’m wondering what that can handle before things start breaking.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
very interested to get your feedback after you get some miles under your belt. I'm contemplating a similar style of motor build.

OP
OP
C

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea on the trans capabilities. I know the chevy version of the trans holds 650/650 no problem but both the ZL1 and the mustang are far lighter cars. I dont think anyone has pushed the raptor far enough yet to find out. That being said I think 4wd launches are going to be a bad idea no matter what and you will never see me trying one.

So far I have 250 miles on the engine. I have been manually shifting it trying to keep it out of boost during the break in period. The motor spinning at 3500-4k rpm its hard to even feel it. The balance seems way better than stock. The motor feels smoother. Hoping to get to the 500 mile mark by the end of the week. I think my next step will be a larger in take fuel pump and larger low side injectors. I really want to see what this thing will do on E85 with the stock turbos. That may be as far as this motor ever goes.