Build Week 10/24/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gman524

Reaction score
Mine should be here this week too. Dealer said the convoy carrier has picked it up from the rail yard.

Interesting point: I ordered a Land Rover Defender 110 last year and it took 1 month to get it from the plant in SLOVAKIA by ship, then rail, then convoy. All the while Land Rover provided weekly updates on where it was and what the ETA was. They actually hit the ETA within a week. I’m amazed that Eastern Europeans can do this better than our friends at Ford.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine should be here this week too. Dealer said the convoy carrier has picked it up from the rail yard.

Interesting point: I ordered a Land Rover Defender 110 last year and it took 1 month to get it from the plant in SLOVAKIA by ship, then rail, then convoy. All the while Land Rover provided weekly updates on where it was and what the ETA was. They actually hit the ETA within a week. I’m amazed that Eastern Europeans can do this better than our friends at Ford.
I heard the same from a friend that ordered a BMW. He knew exactly where it was in the build process, exact locations in Transit and they met the only ETA he received. Ford really needs to get it together. Not sure I could have waited a year for raptor, like a lot of patient customers, some that ordered January 22 and still haven’t received their trucks. It’s definitely amazing that other car manufacturers can perfect the process; but the biggest truck maker in North America, has so many issues.

Hiblit

Reaction score
So mine has a blend date of 12/13/22
Dealer assures me it will be at dealership in January (assumption being 2023)
This dealership has only missed 1 date so far, so statistically it’s anybody’s guess. Couple weeks ago.
I got a call from dealership today, my truck is in Salt Lake. Not very far from dealership but I’ve read the horror stories about trucking from train yard to dealership, trucks won’t haul unless they are full ( understandable). So now we see how long to go the short distance to the dealership. I assume there is some process of accepting the truck, running it through service for inspection? Dare I make plans to pick up my truck this weekend?
Posted

BLADErunner

Reaction score
So mine has a blend date of 12/13/22
Dealer assures me it will be at dealership in January (assumption being 2023)
This dealership has only missed 1 date so far, so statistically it’s anybody’s guess. Couple weeks ago.
I got a call from dealership today, my truck is in Salt Lake. Not very far from dealership but I’ve read the horror stories about trucking from train yard to dealership, trucks won’t haul unless they are full ( understandable). So now we see how long to go the short distance to the dealership. I assume there is some process of accepting the truck, running it through service for inspection? Dare I make plans to pick up my truck this weekend?
Posted
Your guess is as good as mine. It's a crap shoot on whether they'll meet the ETA. My blend date was 10/26 and shipped on 10/29. It's been sitting at the rail yard since 11/21 and hasn't moved since. You'd think Ford would make it a priority to get their vehicles to the customers as quickly as possible but it's obvious they don't care. I don't know the exact process but I believe I've heard some sort of paperwork is sent to the dealership in preparation for the delivery. Whatever your case is, good luck and I hope you get it soon.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weirdest thing happened this morning. I checked the Ford Tracker last night and saw it still in transit (shipped). This morning I checked it and the tracker said Final Preparation, and that my dealership would contact me. I assumed the truck arrived at my dealership. Called my salesman and they said it didn’t arrive and they would check Vin view. They saw that the truck was still in transit on a rail car currently in Harrisburg PA. That’s about approximately 3 hours from the rail yard before it gets on convoy truck to my dealership.

Just strange how the tracker glitched and got my hopes up.

EVOVII

Reaction score
2FD097EC-6105-456F-85CD-73D9F6B33102.jpeg

Trying to read the tea leaves…..

The icon at the top used to be a delivery van and the status was “shipped”. Now the icon has turned to a checklist and status is still “shipped”

Also the shipped bubble in the timeline at the bottom is green.

Does any of this mean anything?

I think I’m losing my mind…….

gman524

Reaction score
Weirdest thing happened this morning. I checked the Ford Tracker last night and saw it still in transit (shipped). This morning I checked it and the tracker said Final Preparation, and that my dealership would contact me. I assumed the truck arrived at my dealership. Called my salesman and they said it didn’t arrive and they would check Vin view. They saw that the truck was still in transit on a rail car currently in Harrisburg PA. That’s about approximately 3 hours from the rail yard before it gets on convoy truck to my dealership.

Same thing here. I was super pumped. Dealer said no dice.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They released a code update to the tracker as it remained live. As a result it added things like additional status entries on the timeline (like 6 circles now instead of 5), along with things like green dots or possible other colored dots to signify status interpretation in the circle for that step in the overall order tracking timeline and milestones. Because they added new or additional status steps on timeline it migrated data to the wrong step with the wrong dates initially is my theory. Once the migration completed it corrected the status entries and dates. That is why it moved ahead and then back. Otherwise it was a specific user story/test for system behavior. I also noticed there is now a set of dates under vehicle details now. This site constantly evolves.... and in some ways continues to not give you the information you really need.

gunandgod

Reaction score

I'm pretty jealous right now. my order was originally placed 9/21 then rolled 11/04/2021 1674588463339.png