Build Week 10/24/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They released a code update to the tracker as it remained live. As a result it added things like additional status entries on the timeline (like 6 circles now instead of 5), along with things like green dots or possible other colored dots to signify status interpretation in the circle for that step in the overall order tracking timeline and milestones. Because they added new or additional status steps on timeline it migrated data to the wrong step with the wrong dates initially is my theory. Once the migration completed it corrected the status entries and dates. That is why it moved ahead and then back. Otherwise it was a specific user story/test for system behavior. I also noticed there is now a set of dates under vehicle details now. This site constantly evolves.... and in some ways continues to not give you the information you really need.
Nice explanation; I didn’t go that deep. Just thought they F’d up. Lol

But had my dealer check; my truck is now close to the final stop; unless it arrived last night; being that yesterday morning it was only 2-3 hours away from the final rail yard and the dealer. FP did give me the last ETA I already had, but said they had a delivery date of 1/26 to my dealership. Crossing my fingers.

On a side note , I am taking delivery of a 2022 F150 SC XL today from work.( just a work truck) my office said I have to take it to a Ford dealership to get it out of transport mode. Called my salesman from the Raptor and he gave me the hack. Really easy if anyone needs it. But searched the same and the hack is on YouTube.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty jealous right now. my order was originally placed 9/21 then rolled 11/04/2021 View attachment 390294
Bro I don’t know how you lasted so far. I ordered in July when the order banks opened. My process from start to finish is a little over 6 months. Definitely call FP, they were way more helpful that Ford CS.

But I would be laying into your dealership to call their Zone rep.

If that was my process; I probably would have walked away.

Funny thing is , when I called Ford CS when I first got the VIn, I would give them good marks on the survey that followed. After my truck sat in await shipping for 2 months; those scores on the survey got really bad; almost like you can see the frustration in a timeline.

But your situation is beyond ridiculous and someone needs to get on top of that, or at least give you something like an amenity…..maintenance package or extension of the warranty.

Good luck; wish I could help; but unfortunately this process leaves us all helpless and for no good reason I can see.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 390264

Trying to read the tea leaves…..

The icon at the top used to be a delivery van and the status was “shipped”. Now the icon has turned to a checklist and status is still “shipped”

Also the shipped bubble in the timeline at the bottom is green.

Does any of this mean anything?

I think I’m losing my mind…….
Same happened, some type of software update that caused a glitch. Depending on when you checked it. My said final preparation in the early morning hours and thought it was delivered to the dealership. But it’s still in transit.

Apparently this affected other Ford orders as well; my salesman said he was taking calls all day yesterday, because people thought their vehicles arrived, but it was a false alarm.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So mine has a blend date of 12/13/22
Dealer assures me it will be at dealership in January (assumption being 2023)
This dealership has only missed 1 date so far, so statistically it’s anybody’s guess. Couple weeks ago.
I got a call from dealership today, my truck is in Salt Lake. Not very far from dealership but I’ve read the horror stories about trucking from train yard to dealership, trucks won’t haul unless they are full ( understandable). So now we see how long to go the short distance to the dealership. I assume there is some process of accepting the truck, running it through service for inspection? Dare I make plans to pick up my truck this weekend?
Posted
Man I was thinking the same; definitely maintain your patience; Ford’s timelines are crap, they haven’t met even 1 of the 9 ETA’s I received . Let it be a surprise, lol

gunandgod

Reaction score
Bro I don’t know how you lasted so far. I ordered in July when the order banks opened. My process from start to finish is a little over 6 months. Definitely call FP, they were way more helpful that Ford CS.

But I would be laying into your dealership to call their Zone rep.

If that was my process; I probably would have walked away.

Funny thing is , when I called Ford CS when I first got the VIn, I would give them good marks on the survey that followed. After my truck sat in await shipping for 2 months; those scores on the survey got really bad; almost like you can see the frustration in a timeline.

But your situation is beyond ridiculous and someone needs to get on top of that, or at least give you something like an amenity…..maintenance package or extension of the warranty.

Good luck; wish I could help; but unfortunately this process leaves us all helpless and for no good reason I can see.
I appreciate it. The only reason I have waited out is that its MSRP, price protected, and has all the bells and whistles that you can't get anymore.

I'm at the point now I work directly with the GM. haha

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate it. The only reason I have waited out is that its MSRP, price protected, and has all the bells and whistles that you can't get anymore.

I'm at the point now I work directly with the GM. haha
I’m at MSRP, and don’t know if I would have had your patience. Good Luck!!

EVOVII

Reaction score
853D9DD7-C635-4957-B2AD-F64041B1A0E9.jpeg
Woohoo. The eagle has landed!!!

Now I have to wait for my transporter to pick it up. What’s another 2 weeks…….maybe in time for the Super Bowl

EVOVII

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to find a couple owner operators years ago (one used to work for the other) and have used them multiple times over the years. I have also referred friends and family to them with no issues. Only drawback is they both run open carriers but I have found its extremely pricey to move a raptor enclosed.

And its a good thing I have a working relationship with them.....i probably rescheduled 3 times on my guy and he was very understanding.

PM sent with more details

Last edited: