Build Week 10/24/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all I am no longer part of the 10/24/22 build week club. I strayed... because of 13 weeks of waiting and another 3 weeks before my next ETA still. I shipped 10/27... no hold, no QC, no damage, no shipping delay, no lost shipment. I tapped out. I bought an impersonal on the lot special today. I will say I fought hard to stay with my retail order... I dug deep for info, filed cases with ford, logistics requests, pushed on managers, hounded reps, drove to railyard, chatted, called, deciphered the mysteries of each milestone and plundered the best info by studying and hammering people with logic relentlessly in and around this situation. Because it is in my nature to do things such as this with ease. But I found this experience, simply given the speed of data sharing and technology today, to be the most baffling case study in consumer purchasing that I have ever been a part of to date in current times. Anyways... for those who survived and received the truck they ordered... enjoy... and for those still waiting... its estimated to arrive hopefully one of the times they said it would.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all I am no longer part of the 10/24/22 build week club. I strayed... because of 13 weeks of waiting and another 3 weeks before my next ETA still. I shipped 10/27... no hold, no QC, no damage, no shipping delay, no lost shipment. I tapped out. I bought an impersonal on the lot special today. I will say I fought hard to stay with my retail order... I dug deep for info, filed cases with ford, logistics requests, pushed on managers, hounded reps, drove to railyard, chatted, called, deciphered the mysteries of each milestone and plundered the best info by studying and hammering people with logic relentlessly in and around this situation. Because it is in my nature to do things such as this with ease. But I found this experience, simply given the speed of data sharing and technology today, to be the most baffling case study in consumer purchasing that I have ever been a part of to date in current times. Anyways... for those who survived and received the truck they ordered... enjoy... and for those still waiting... its estimated to arrive hopefully one of the times they said it would.
Wow, what did you buy?? It’s funny you said you went to the rail yard; because I spoke to Ford Performance yesterday and I asked for the rail car number and they said that they are no longer allowed to give out that information, because they said a customer went to the rail yard . I guess they were talking about the hundreds of people that waited a year or more and got frustrated and were wondering where the hell their truck was!

How on earth do they expect to keep people coming back. What happens when they release a Gen 4 ; are people supposed to wait another 1-2 years to get their trucks.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, what did you buy?? It’s funny you said you went to the rail yard; because I spoke to Ford Performance yesterday and I asked for the rail car number and they said that they are no longer allowed to give out that information, because they said a customer went to the rail yard . I guess they were talking about the hundreds of people that waited a year or more and got frustrated and were wondering where the hell their truck was!

How on earth do they expect to keep people coming back. What happens when they release a Gen 4 ; are people supposed to wait another 1-2 years to get their trucks.
Yeah... its not a fun time when you fall out of the norm in your order track. I did hit the yard tho. My son had a box lacrosse tourney 15 minutes from yard last weekend. I figured I'm here let me see if I can get anywhere in this live pursuit. I drove in yard and was met with like a tinted window prison tower behind two row of fences. I stopped at an impasse of fences. One shorter manually double swing, the other a taller electric sliding. Both locked down. A figure emerged up against the window in the tower behind the tint and waved me away with a fluttered hand. I had a cash roll I lifted up in front of me as I stepped out into the open. The fluttered hand became spastic. So I left. I drove down the road, parked...crept into woods... thru snow... came to a river and stopped, looked across it and seen there was a fence with barb wire. I couldn't see much from that angle. I thought... drone will work.... I'll go grab that. Then I came back to earth and realized how dumb this was in pursuit of an answer to a simple question I have asked for ten weeks. "But why is my truck sitting in the railyard for 12 weeks". At this moment I was curious to just see the truck. Anyways... I turned away, researched other options this week and snagged a MY22 Atlas Blue today. Brand new. Late production. I was loyal to a point at least. And... without a vehicle for three months stuck in my house. I called it! This is good enough for me. Walked on a stuck in transit CO MY23.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah... its not a fun time when you fall out of the norm in your order track. I did hit the yard tho. My son had a box lacrosse tourney 15 minutes from yard last weekend. I figured I'm here let me see if I can get anywhere in this live pursuit. I drove in yard and was met with like a tinted window prison tower behind two row of fences. I stopped at an impasse of fences. One shorter manually double swing, the other a taller electric sliding. Both locked down. A figure emerged up against the window in the tower behind the tint and waved me away with a fluttered hand. I had a cash roll I lifted up in front of me as I stepped out into the open. The fluttered hand became spastic. So I left. I drove down the road, parked...crept into woods... thru snow... came to a river and stopped, looked across it and seen there was a fence with barb wire. I couldn't see much from that angle. I thought... drone will work.... I'll go grab that. Then I came back to earth and realized how dumb this was in pursuit of an answer to a simple question I have asked for ten weeks. "But why is my truck sitting in the railyard for 12 weeks". At this moment I was curious to just see the truck. Anyways... I turned away, researched other options this week and snagged a MY22 Atlas Blue today. Brand new. Late production. I was loyal to a point at least. And... without a vehicle for three months stuck in my house. I called it! This is good enough for me. Walked on a stuck in transit CO MY23.
I hear ya, this whole process is absurd. They literally make you jump through hoops to give them $90-100k. I was thinking in 3-5 years I would trade this truck in for the newer model year on another build. But after this debacle, I seriously doubt I will do it.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really is baffling how they can't respond to an inquiry of any nature as the person who ordered from them even if going to a dealership. But yeah... not sure if I will ever order from them again.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really is baffling how they can't respond to an inquiry of any nature as the person who ordered from them even if going to a dealership. But yeah... not sure if I will ever order from them again.
Yeah same here; just called Ford Performance today; they said my truck was delivered to the final rail yard in Wilmington DE, about an hour from my dealership (which is only 5 miles from my home). So it’s weird to know my truck is only 1 hour away, and I can’t do anything about it; just sit and wait.

BLADErunner

Reaction score
I don't get it. I don't. My ETA was recently 1/28 to 2/10 and I check it today and it's now 02/10-24. I'm officially looking for another truck as the one I ordered will never be delivered. I know others have waited longer but it makes no sense. This is single-handedly the most frustrating process to buy a $80-90k truck I've ever gone through.

Sorry, just had to vent.

hellohithere

Reaction score
I don't get it. I don't. My ETA was recently 1/28 to 2/10 and I check it today and it's now 02/10-24. I'm officially looking for another truck as the one I ordered will never be delivered. I know others have waited longer but it makes no sense. This is single-handedly the most frustrating process to buy a $80-90k truck I've ever gone through.

Sorry, just had to vent.

This just happened to my order as well. It's been sitting in a rail yard 20 minutes from my dealership for weeks.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry, just had to vent.
Totally understand. This process is just all around crazy. And it’s not like they are trying to compensate anyone for the wait; like throw me something…..like a 3 year maintenance package or extended warranty. Just something would help!