Break-ins through door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The issue I think with something like that is you would need the other quick connect to do anything, which is most likely locked in the truck. And I don't think many people carry around those anderson type jumper cables. I think most who have done this are putting in something more like this:

Just enough to give a charge to get in and be able to access the hood is all that is needed

Datj70

Reaction score
What we are experiencing in San Antonio right now is they are clipping the horn wires and then punching a hole in the window near the door seam. The have a few tools..they are looking for a qucik grab n go...guns, cash, things of value. Seems to happen frequently to all Ford truck models and in Mall or Shopping areas. They dont bother with the door handle.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To which, of course, there is an easy solution.

Don't leave guns, cash, valuables in your vehicle.

Which isn't specific to the F150, it's dumb to do in any vehicle.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What we are experiencing in San Antonio right now is they are clipping the horn wires and then punching a hole in the window near the door seam. The have a few tools..they are looking for a qucik grab n go...guns, cash, things of value. Seems to happen frequently to all Ford truck models and in Mall or Shopping areas. They dont bother with the door handle.

This happened to my neighbor (Gen 2). His truck was parked at his chicks apt when it happened. Took his keys which had his boat key, storage key, mom’s house key, and some others. Asked why the hell he leave his keys in the truck to which he replied, “I always leave my keys in the truck” to which I replied “you’re an idiot man”. He’s a cool dude but a stupid move. I’ll post a few pics when he sends them.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score

A better solution is to armor the horn wires so that they can't be clipped. Several layers of wire loom and/or a metal guard will do it. See posts #54 and #56, above.

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud here, amazon sells a braided metal mesh sleeving. The smallest amount is 10ft for both 1/2" and 3/8". I believe only need a few inches is needed (that's what she didn't say) in each size, I'd be willing to bite the bullet and buy the 10ft of each size then send the rest to another member, and we could pass it down until its gone. Anyone interested?

Here's the link to the mesh sleeving:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc