Break in & robbery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Well my Raptor got broken into Thursday night…aside from them taking my 2 backpacks with expensive personal belongings (3 laptops & a fire arm)…wondering how they got in and why they broke this back window instead of a door window? They also had the passenger panel popped off. They left a lot of stuff in my compartments though so it wasn’t cleaned out. Assuming maybe they were perhaps trying to steal it? I don’t have a keyless start…wonder if that had an impact. This happened in a new shopping center by Shakertins in midtown area in Dallas by the parking garage. All I can say is watch out if you park in that area. Hope this doesn’t happen to anyone else, it’s a pain in the ass to deal with.

Attachments

• IMG_8338.jpeg
    IMG_8338.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_8339.jpeg
    IMG_8339.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_8337.jpeg
    IMG_8337.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 118

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Yes, it looks like they were trying to steal it. Must of got spooked and took off with what they could grab. Sorry this happened to you but you should never leave any this of value in the truck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF, I wish it was under better circumstances.

A point of question: Have you taken any measures to harden the door entry? Was the truck aftermarket alarmed?

You can jack an f150 driver’s door in 5 seconds with a pair of pliers. Going through the rear window is unusual.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF, I wish it was under better circumstances.

A point of question: Have you taken any measures to harden the door entry? Was the truck aftermarket alarmed?

You can jack an f150 driver’s door in 5 seconds with a pair of pliers. Going through the rear window is unusual.

For whatever reason, the new thing in Dallas is to break into the trucks through the rear window. Probably looks less conspicuous driving with just the rear broken out vs the driver or passengers, so they believe they're less apt to be spotted. I attribute my overlanding rack to being the reason why my truck is the only one that hasn't been stolen from the driveway on my street.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Madness out there.

Wonder why they targeted your RAPTOR or any RAPTOR? Does RAPTOR equal rich or what nots?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No, the cartels have bounties on super crew trucks and F series are super easy to jack.