Borla? Corsa? Flowmaster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok Just installed Borla Cat back! I like it, wish i could say i love it. Didnt blow me away with sound. sounds good, rumbles but not that loud. I was expecting louder. What to do next? cut baffles out if thats an option.

One question, one comment, and one suggestion:

Question: How do the Borla tips look? Are they as nice on the truck as they appear in the ad?

Comment: It is my experience that the Borla has a nice exhaust note at a fairly low dB level.

Suggestion: Get a muffler shop to swap out the Borla muffler for a Flowmaster or Magnaflow muffler. That should up the dB level. Of course, you will have a number of different versions of each brand's choices to reach the loudness that you're looking to have.

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
Ok Just installed Borla Cat back! I like it, wish i could say i love it. Didnt blow me away with sound. sounds good, rumbles but not that loud. I was expecting louder. What to do next? cut baffles out if thats an option.

You could always install long tubes......I'd leave messing with muffler as a last resort cuz other wise what did you spend all the money for.....just sayin, but to each their own

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally love my Corsa, lots of balls when you step on it, mean idle, but wont annoy you when your driving normally. It has a great tone that isnt just "noise" like I feel many truck exhaust tones are.

My $.02, ENJOY UR NEW TOY

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Everyone that gets a Borla (on a Raptor) says that. You could've had the same sound at half the price via Magnaflow.

Dont get me wrong, I love Borla, have em on my Z06, but for the Rap, Magnaflow: looks great, sounds great, $450 shipped.

DimitriMen

Reaction score
Just got my new 2012 Raptor. Very new to vehicle modification and in fact I've never owned a truck before. Would like to get a Catback and have narrowed my choice to two possibles. The "Corsa 14387 Single Side Exit Cat-Back Exhaust System with Pro Series Tip" or the "Borla 140383 Cat-Back Exhaust System Kit".

I use my truck mostly for driving around town and to the beach. I also live in a built up community so don't want to upset the neighbours. I'm looking for a grunty aggressive sound but not an obnoxious noise. Also no Cabin drone on the highway. I can get both at a very similar price.

Anyone have experience with both systems for a recommendation. I'm really stuck on these two. Wish I could have two Raptors so I could get both.

Thanks for helping a newbie.

D

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have the Corsa and Love it...you can love yours also...Just add a single DMH cut out right after the resonator. You will end up running with it wide open 99% of the time. It's not that load because when wide open placed in line after the resonator, you get about a 70/30 split due to the Y pipe. It does not divert 100% of the exhaust to a different path, it simply lets most of it bypass the rest of the exhaust system. I put the switch on the side panel of the console. blends right in.

Attachments

• Raptor-Exhaust Cut Out.jpg
    Raptor-Exhaust Cut Out.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 265
  • DMH Switch-1.jpg
    DMH Switch-1.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 267
  • DMH switch-2.jpg
    DMH switch-2.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 265