blind spot monitoring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just got my raptor not too long. I noticed when i have my signal on and there is a vehicle on my blind spot the mirror only lights up. is there no audible tone warning tone?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s some settings in the menu for some alerts but I’m pretty sure mine blinks really fast under that condition but no audible.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe if only the rear bumper sensors pickup a movement of another vehicle, you will get an audible. But that’s more so in reverse or if a car drives across your backside. So you won’t get audibles in your blind spot. I’m sure I have everything turned on and never heard one. The taillights handle the BLIS chores.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no audible warning tone for Blind Spot Monitoring, as you should be looking at the mirror when changing lanes regardless. It will flash rapidly though to get your attention if your turn signal is on and there is a vehicle detected. Some brands (Subaru) chime at you every time any of the driver assist systems detect anything; it will drive you out of your mind and make you less attentive to the sound since it's constantly going off.

The Cross Traffic Alert has a chime to alert you when a vehicle is traveling perpendicular to the rear of your vehicle when you're in reverse.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does it when a vehicle is traveling perpendicular to you at the front when you’re in reverse too. That one drives me nuts backing into my driveway.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no audible tone for BLIS. The tone that sounds for Cross Traffic Alert is a totally different feature.

D11gnccer

Reaction score
My Mercedes work van has an audible tone and the light blinks fast, I had hoped the Raptor would have the same. The traffic around here can get aggressive. Many times the work van has saved me as more than a quick glance at the mirror can have you in trouble. Sometimes it will be clear and someone darts into your blind spot really quick or a car cuts in front and eliminates your safe stopping distance just as you are forced to merge lanes for a clover leaf exit ramp that is at a standstill. Both situations put you at fault.
My 2017 work van has been involved in 4 accidents. None of which were my fault and many were avoided due to driving aides.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Mercedes work van has an audible tone and the light blinks fast, I had hoped the Raptor would have the same. The traffic around here can get aggressive. Many times the work van has saved me as more than a quick glance at the mirror can have you in trouble. Sometimes it will be clear and someone darts into your blind spot really quick or a car cuts in front and eliminates your safe stopping distance just as you are forced to merge lanes for a clover leaf exit ramp that is at a standstill. Both situations put you at fault.
My 2017 work van has been involved in 4 accidents. None of which were my fault and many were avoided due to driving aides.
People who drive raptors tend to live more dangerously than those who drive vans I guess is what the engineers thought lol

an audible tone would be nice I agree

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It does it when a vehicle is traveling perpendicular to you at the front when you’re in reverse too. That one drives me nuts backing into my driveway.
I got the this also when backing in the driveway. It first makes me think I am about to hit my garage door while half way up the driveway lol

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the this also when backing in the driveway. It first makes me think I am about to hit my garage door while half way up the driveway lol
Yeah or that someone is barreling through the yard or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc