BIG BROTHER IS FILMING YOU INSIDE THE GEN 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T8ter

Reaction score
I was under the impression that everyone would know there was a camera. The BlueCruise software agreement in the truck during set up mentioned the camera and how BlueCruise is suppose to work. The BlueCruise page on their website mentions it. I didn’t delve into the software agreement to see the specifics on when it’s on and when it’s not, because I’m not worried about it. If I was important enough for someone to be watching and they hacked into my trucks camera, then they’ve likely got access to the controls of the truck as well. I’d be more concerned about them being able to operate my brakes than seeing me driving. Not to say you don’t have a valid argument, only saying that if someone doesn’t know about the camera, they likely didn’t actually read anything they agreed to in their menu set up. Mine is a MY21. Not sure if the MY22s still mention BlueCruise in set up since they won’t actually be implementing the software anymore.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that everyone would know there was a camera. The BlueCruise software agreement in the truck during set up mentioned the camera and how BlueCruise is suppose to work. The BlueCruise page on their website mentions it. I didn’t delve into the software agreement to see the specifics on when it’s on and when it’s not, because I’m not worried about it. If I was important enough for someone to be watching and they hacked into my trucks camera, then they’ve likely got access to the controls of the truck as well. I’d be more concerned about them being able to operate my brakes than seeing me driving. Not to say you don’t have a valid argument, only saying that if someone doesn’t know about the camera, they likely didn’t actually read anything they agreed to in their menu set up. Mine is a MY21. Not sure if the MY22s still mention BlueCruise in set up since they won’t actually be implementing the software anymore.
I fully agree! Again, the post is intended to be a PSA, nothing more, nothing less!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What would the use pics of yourself for? Looking for what type of shirt/sunglasses you wear? Not sure what they would you a pic of you for though..
to be used against you in court. Normally a collision just results in citation and some insurance goings on. But some states have LE and state prosecution who like to push the envelope whether by choice or having their hands forced.

That camera will be used to show you were, let’s say, changing a radio station instead of watching the traffic light, suddenly stop short for the impending red, supporting a charge deliberately stopping your vehicle to cause a collision. if you’re involved in a collision where something more than a citation conviction is wanted/needed, the EDR and anything else gets impounded and taken into evidence.

This subject is a prickly one that patently violates constitutionally guaranteed personal liberty/rights.
Well, to be fair, private companies aren’t bound by the bill of rights, only the Federal government is, and the state is bound to most of it. The real issue to me is the ownership of the EDR.

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This just in: There are cameras everywhere in society these days. What's funny is that people think cameras are somehow more dangerous or intrusive than any of the myriad devices in your pocket, home, car, etc. Hell, you revealed more about yourself in this thread than that camera would ever know. I can count three different applicatons monitoring you on this site that I can see....none of which have any more integrity than Ford.

Human nature, I guess.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This just in: There are cameras everywhere in society these days. What's funny is that people think cameras are somehow more dangerous or intrusive than any of the myriad devices in your pocket, home, car, etc. Hell, you revealed more about yourself in this thread than that camera would ever know. I can count three different applicatons monitoring you on this site that I can see....none of which have any more integrity than Ford.

Human nature, I guess.
Ahh because they are. I think you'd rather have your IP address, location or shopping habits revealed to the world, VS video of you doing something embarrassing.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Human nature, I guess.
What you said is true, however knowledge is power. The power is the ability to put tape over it and make the choice. How would you feel if you were being filmed by the TV in your living room? Inside vehicles, TV’s could be next.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that 100% looks for eye movement - although it might do other things like you suggested.

I remember a couple months ago, during the bluecruise demo, they were advertising that the system will work with sunglasses or a mask, but not both.

That means, there is a sensor that watches the face for sure.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you said is true, however knowledge is power. The power is the ability to put tape over it and make the choice. How would you feel if you were being filmed by the TV in your living room? Inside vehicles, TV’s could be next.
Already happened with TVs, had to start putting on pants to watch tv