Big Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I’m confused, I was led to believe the 19–20 beadlock ready wheels would not fit over the Wilwoods. Or are you adding a spacer?

Your post made me double check this. I just checked with the owner of the truck I posted and he does have 1.5" wheel spacers on the truck. So we still need to confirm fitment with 19-20 beadlocks. Others have confirmed fitment with 17-18 beadlocks.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your post made me double check this. I just checked with the owner of the truck I posted and he does have 1.5" wheel spacers on the truck. So we still need to confirm fitment with 19-20 beadlocks. Others have confirmed fitment with 17-18 beadlocks.
1.5 inch wheel spacers? Damm, we are going to have inflatable tires next

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only reason I'm running the Alcons is I was able to just squeeze by without spacers on the OE 19-20 bead ready wheels. I'm one of the weirdos who just really likes them. Could have gotten into Method bead grips cheaper.

flockofraptors

Reaction score
So is this where we are so far for the gen3

No rears available
Only Brembo and Wilwood have fronts ... Brembo will require aftermarket wheels, Wilwood is working with OEM beadlocks with spacers
Shelby is using Baer, which seem to be having issues

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1.5 inch wheel spacers? Damm, we are going to have inflatable tires next
The 1.5" wheel spacers are for aesthetics more than anything else. It basically makes the wheel poke out like an OEM method. It's effectively a 17x8.5 -4 offset with the 1.5" spacer installed. You do not need that much of a spacer for the Wilwoods, if at all.
Only reason I'm running the Alcons is I was able to just squeeze by without spacers on the OE 19-20 bead ready wheels. I'm one of the weirdos who just really likes them. Could have gotten into Method bead grips cheaper.
The 19-20 beadlock wheels had more clearance than the 17-18 wheels. I personally test fit Alcons on my truck with the 17-18 beadlock wheels and I needed to run the Alcon 7mm spacers for clearance on that wheel. The OEM non-BL wheel cleared. I'm confident the 19-20 Wilwood would fit as it's smaller than the Alcon, but I don't want to speak 100% on that until I can confirm it.
So is this where we are so far for the gen3

No rears available
Only Brembo and Wilwood have fronts ... Brembo will require aftermarket wheels, Wilwood is working with OEM beadlocks with spacers
Shelby is using Baer, which seem to be having issues
Most likely, Gen 3 will never have rears because of the electronic rear parking brake. The Wilwood kit on the Gen 3 does not need a spacer to run OEM Beadlocks. @Andrew Macpherson confirmed fitment on page 4 of this thread. And Brembo will require 20" wheels.

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really liked the Wilwood kit when I first saw it but am a bit bummed they didn't try to make it work around the stock rotor. The rotor they're using is smaller than stock.

StockWilwood
Diameter350mm340mm
Thickness34mm32mm
Height49.5mm52mm

I'm guessing the thickness is the issue. The caliper is based off their Aero6 caliper which can only take up to a 32mm rotor. Seeing as they had to make new castings for the DM version it's kind of a shame they didn't try to open up the throat a bit more to fit a thicker rotor. Thickness looks to be the only thing keeping them from retaining the stock rotor.

I'm sure the Wilwood rotors are nice but almost $600 for a replacement pair is a good amount more than some nice Centrics which are $150-200 per pair.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in Alcons, they just launched a sale on August 1st through the end of the month on their catalog.

We have the front and rear full kits and there rear calipter/rotor upgrade kit available for the EPB guys with 19-20 trucks.

Front Kit: Alcon 2009-2020 Ford F-150/Raptor Front Brake Kit BKF1559BE11
Rear Kit: Alcon 2009-2018 Ford F-150/Raptor Rear Brake Kit BKR5059D07
Rear Upgrade Kit: Alcon Ford F-150/Raptor Rear Brake Upgrade for Electronic Rear Parking Brake Trucks BKR3430X1227