best window deflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do help if the windows are cracked and it's raining but for me the biggest thing is being able to lower the windows a little bit when parked to let air circulate and lower the inside temps during summer.

Air conditioning combined with remote start solves our first world problem.

OP
OP
G

guyzilla

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem on my 2018 SCREW. The rears are fine after 48 hours - the windows go up and down with no scraping. However, the fronts are a different story. The front driver side front flange cracked in 3 different pieces - I have yet to find where they ended up. The passenger side front only cracked little bit at the rear but the window is still scraping it slightly. I ordered another set to see if I can make them work. I sent an e-mail to WeatherTech but have yet to hear back. I've seen a couple of videos and they deviate a bit from the instructions included in the box. They all say to ease the window up and down a few times then leave it close for 48 hours. I made sure I used the tool they provided to make sure it was set in the channel as far back as I could get it. However, the first time the window goes all the way up is when the cracks occur in the flange. I may leave the window down for a while in the heat of the day to see if they adjust themselves better before putting the window up for the first time. If any one has any other tips I would like to hear them.

On a side note, I also installed their hood protector and the install went flawless and looks great.

I have had this exact same problem. Had to order new drivers side due to cracking and still scrapes and won't go all the way up

Moridin

Reaction score
Had Weather Tech on my Gen 1 and now my 2019. Love 'em.

Both were the "tape on" kind... easy to put on, never an issue with the windows hitting them and reversing (ain't nobody got time for that!) and can be removed with no damage if one wishes to.

They withstand all manner of car washes and high-pressure spray and in the smoked version look great with tinted windows.

Citizen Park

Reaction score
I now a huge fan of the Well Visors for my Gen Juan. Had the AVS in-channel (great low profile and color match) but after a 1.5 years, I noticed an annoying loud squeak almost every time I rolled down the driver and passenger side. I tried cleaning out the window channel and repositioning the clips inside but nothing worked. Some suggested I lubricate but I'm not one for band-aid type solutions.

Quality of the tape-on WV is solid... the fit where the visor meets the sideview mirror is close to perfect, additional support clips are great, just make sure to test fit and make sure they're level before full application. Anyhoot, attached detailed pics of how the WV looks.

Attachments

• IMG-5222.jpg
    IMG-5222.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-5218.jpg
    IMG-5218.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-5229.jpg
    IMG-5229.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-5226.jpg
    IMG-5226.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-5224.jpg
    IMG-5224.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 23

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's an old saying: You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

I'll flip that around. You can put a pig on a Gen1 and it's still friggin BOSS. Just love it.

Those do look very nice. I posted long ago on this thread that the in channel ones sucked on my Gen 2 and I dumped them in the basura.

Are you at all concerned should you decide to remove them that the tape/glue will damage the window surround?