GEN 2 Window Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20% 3m (non ceramic) on just the front matches the rears pretty well. made a big difference this summer.

50581414983_baa71f3ae0_c.jpg"

i did 20% on my front windows as well a strip on the windshield and it helps significantly. No longer feels like I’m sitting in a fish bowl.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done all of mine. I'm the equivalent of 5% in the back (I think he put 40 on over the factory tint) and then 15% on the front windows. I also did 5% on the pano roof and I really like that as you can leave the shade open and the sun doesn't bake you. I've never done the windshield on anything, but some really like that. The ceramic is worth the $ I think. I think the windows were $300 and the roof was $100. He did clear bra up front too (hood, fender area next to lights, lights, mirror backs, basically everything but the grill). Oh, he also did clear on my 40" rigid light bar AND I had him put a little piece on my front camera. As luck would have it I took a rock right into the camera and it shattered the lens. Hopefully the bra will protect against that if it happens again.

anothervr6kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran 70% windshield and 20% all around ceramic on my black e63. It was a little dark at night, but it kept the heat out during the day. It was dark enough where I didn't have to wear sunglasses.

I ran 68% on the windshield and 35% on the front sides (the rear sides were done by the dealer, but I forgot what it was) on my Raptor and same, it was a little dark at night, but perfect for the day.

I've only done the windshield on a couple cars. I did a clear one on my first raptor and it really bothered me. I could always see the film and it messed with my vision. I went back to the shop and he replaced it with the lightest tint, roughly 68%. It was amazing to have. It helped with heat a lot, especially in the summer. The car would cool down a lot faster. It was easier on the eyes. It was a gamble when I got it, but it helped a lot where I live.

Last edited:

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I did ceramic all around including the sunroof. Front windows are legal limit, windshield is 85%? (Not quite sure but it is the faintest of tints almost clear) and the rears and sunroof are 5%. Doing the sunroof was probably the best part. The ceramic really cut the heat down and I can leave the screen open all the time now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mashtastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure it is a good quality tint with a good shop. I've done 70% on the windshield and it really helps with glare and vegas heat. 5% on the back window just for the high beam drives that dont know what the light blue light means. Sides...whatever the state lets me have....

CMSU22

Reaction score
I have the darkest you can get, (5% I believe) IMG_1768.JPG all the way around and a strip in the front.

deadeye99

Reaction score
3F41491E-9888-4A33-8A86-6EBCED5979EE.jpeg I did 5% all around and blue 80 on the windshield and sunroof. Huge difference in the heat with the new ceramic tints. I’ve done my vehicles dark since the late 70’s and only one ticket.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only did ceramic on the sunroof and limo all around, even over the factory tint. Most of the heat, I think and believe, comes from the greenhouse effect of the glass roof.

Drgonzo3000

Reaction score
I've always tinted all my cars myself. With plotter cut tint these days it's so cheap to do it yourself. Especially the F-150 as you don't need to shrink the tint at all on any of the windows. Clean, wet, apply, align and squeegee and your done. I use a company called Tint-Pro. They sell non-branded commercial grade film cut to your vehicle for pennies. Installed it on my last truck and 6 years later is was perfect. Installed it on my Raptor couple months ago. Could only go 35% on the fronts cause stupid NC inspection laws. 25% on the rears. Took maybe 2 hours to do all the windows which included removing the old tint on the rear doors from the previous owner.

Tint cost me $30 pre-cut for all windows. They sell on EBay and are good people to work with if your a do-it-yourselfer like me. You can mix and match your darkness shades also. One of the door sheets had crinkled on top from the packaging, they sent me new door cuts without any issues.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nano-Carbo...t-All-Sides-Rears-for-Ford-F-150/310589875829