GEN 2 Window Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swiftalo

Reaction score
Contemplating window tinting every window in my truck. Currently I have ceramic tint on the driver and passenger window. Does anyone have experience with tinting all the windows? Tint guy recommends 55 on the front to protect from UV and reduce heat (I'm in Florida). Should I go ceramic all the way around? Just stick with my front 2? Thanks for the feedback

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had 70% Xpel ceramic put on all windows. I'm very happy with it. I didn't want dark tint that I would struggle to see out of at night. I like that it keeps temps down in the summer and will protect the interior.

img_8251-jpg.146510

img_8170-jpg.146512

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
20% 3m (non ceramic) on just the front matches the rears pretty well. made a big difference this summer.

50581414983_baa71f3ae0_c.jpg"

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
55% and 70% on the front seem way to light to me. I know most states the limit is around 35%...but 20% has not caused me any issues at all, and again...matches the rears.

OP
OP
Swiftalo

Swiftalo

Reaction score
I have 20% on driver and passenger right now. Looking to tint the rest of the windows. Leaning towards 55% on the windshield and 70% on the back and back sides.

D

Deleted member 17706

I live in Florida. I have 3M Crystalline on all my windows including my entire front windshield—the windshield makes the biggest difference. I have 40% on the full windshield and 20% on all my other windows (front, rear, and back). I barely have to turn my AC on during the summer because the heat rejection is so good.

@Oldfart my truck is better looking :D

DF115B77-EC71-4A00-AEDB-019CDA8C4CB2.jpeg

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live in Florida. I have 3M Crystalline on all my windows including my entire front windshield—the windshield makes the biggest difference. I have 40% on the full windshield and 20% on all my other windows (front, rear, and back). I barely have to turn my AC on during the summer because the heat rejection is so good.

@Oldfart my truck is better looking :D

View attachment 162042

I really like the look of the dark tint, but I wouldn't like driving it at night. The tint I have is unnoticeable at night, which is what I was shooting for.

D

Deleted member 17706

The tint I have is unnoticeable at night, which is what I was shooting for.

So is my tint. 3M Crystalline has very little effect on nighttime driving—the best that I have seen from different brands. I can see my mirrors and surroundings just like daytime. I’ll have to do a video/pics because most people can’t believe it.

tomcruise

Reaction score
I had 5 percent on the all the windows but the windscreen and damn was that way too dark. I needed a set of NOD’s to drive at night!