Best random compliment or quote you've ever gotten?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll never forget getting one of those quite a few years back before the prices skyrocketed, when I had one of my boats at the dock. The guy walks up with his girlfriend and asks your exact question. I told him that, as it sits, it's about 75. He says, "Huh, that not bad for $7,500." He was more than shocked when I told him he needs another zero. He didn't have any more to say. :rolleyes:

LOL

I'm dying at work.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll never forget getting one of those quite a few years back before the prices skyrocketed, when I had one of my boats at the dock. The guy walks up with his girlfriend and asks your exact question. I told him that, as it sits, it's about 75. He says, "Huh, that not bad for $7,500." He was more than shocked when I told him he needs another zero. He didn't have any more to say. :rolleyes:

Are you sure he was asking about the truck? Could have been the boat or the goats.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a guy the other day ask,”nice truck, what’s that thing cost? $45,000??”

Mine must be wayyy nicer than yours!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a guy the other day ask,”nice truck, what’s that thing cost? $45,000??”

Mine must be wayyy nicer than yours!
:happy175: Some people are really off. A friend just brought home a Mclaren LT600. I would never walk up to him and say, "Hey, what did you drop for that?" Instead I would go online and look up the dealer and see it was 1 year old, with 5,200 miles and he dropped around $240K for it. :Big Laugh:

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened last month to me. I pulled in behind a ‘20 F150 for gas. As I started pumping the man was walking towards me all kind of puzzled and confused, looking at me then the truck, then said what is that thing? I was like “uhh an F150 Raptor “ He was like “an F150?!?, so how much $75k?” I laughed and said no it stickered for $55k. He was like “What?!? that’s cheaper than mine, how’s that possible?” I said maybe because it’s a 2012. He couldn’t believe it! I showed him the (at the time) 213k+ miles on the odometer and some other things that make a Raptor cooler than your standard F150 and he was impressed and it really made my day. The funny thing is I would of never thought someone didn’t know what a Raptor was, especially if he drove an F150.