Best random compliment or quote you've ever gotten?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not just the run of the mill "looks good" or "nice truck"

I was Sitting in the parking lot idling and a guy walks up and looks at my Rap and says " bet dat bad boy will roll, huh"?
Yep..... :cool:

We've all got em. What's yours

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
At the time my truck was 8 years old and I was picking something up at Costco and a older gentlemen walked up and said "Wow I love that color what's it called". I told him it was called Molten Orange and he said "that sure is a beautiful new truck!" I told him it wasn't new it was 8 years old and he replied "No way!" Made my day!

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a a lot of "I didnt know SHELBY made a Truck....Damn,bet she is fast"...
But best was....My GF from the 1st photo she saw of it before I bought said...THATS A PRETTY TRUCK...so we are getting gas one day and on other side of the pump is this old beater Totoya with a rowboat w/motor on trailer behind it...younger guy is gassing up and says...I like your truck....and asks me a few questions....Then all of a sudden I hear a loud..THATS ONE PURDY TRUCK...(his friend,older guy,clearly had a few beers,LOL)...Comes over,6 pack in hand and says...I'll trade you for my truck and boat....I laughed,and he says...they even both have full tanks of gas....LOL,thanks,but I kind of like my Purdy truck....get in and as I'm pulling out he yells...I'LL EVEN THROW IN THE BEER...!!:favorites13:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At the time my truck was 8 years old and I was picking something up at Costco and a older gentlemen walked up and said "Wow I love that color what's it called". I told him it was called Molten Orange and he said "that sure is a beautiful new truck!" I told him it wasn't new it was 8 years old and he replied "No way!" Made my day!
This exact thing happen to me last year when I was filling up fuel in town where I live. I had just waxed it and detailed the wheels and this guy says "is that one of them new Raptors?". Now with the Gen 3's looking like the Gen 1's, I wonder if it will pass for a new Gen 3 next year, lol.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"I bet the brakes on that are expensive"

People are real dumb.

That was in reference to my Mustang, the Molten Orange Raptor gets surprisingly little attention, at least compared to the other stuff. Its my low profile lifestyle truck. Occasionally some middle age dude will ask me a question about it.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife noticed the lady gawking and pointing at it as we pulled into a space last week- one space over from a brand new black C8 driven by a perfectly stereotypical 58 year old gold chain over a mega tan with a ton of grey chest hair dude driving it, waiting for her to get in.

You could tell he was not happy AT ALL that she was standing there admiring a Ford truck instead of getting into his Corvette.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a couple women come up and ask what color it was. When I said black, one looked at the other and said, "I told you it wasn't brown". I was in Utah after a long off-road session after a heavy rain. You couldn't see any actual body panels, only mud.