Death Valley Oct 21-23 2011 Planning: Sign up here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those planning to be at FC Friday night, check this out:

Death Valley (Furnace Creek) Star Party

Looks pretty cool! I shot an email to the event leader asking if we can crash their party. Hopefully they won't mind if we stop by, say hey and take a look.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those planning to be at FC Friday night, check this out:

Death Valley (Furnace Creek) Star Party

Looks pretty cool! I shot an email to the event leader asking if we can crash their party. Hopefully they won't mind if we stop by, say hey and take a look.
Rob (the pres of the LVAS) replied back saying its no problem at all. Its free an open to the public. He did say that we if we do, just intro ourselves to someone with the group so we can all say 'hi'. I get the feeling they like to know who visits that's not part of the Society, so they can get a feel for who/how many to expect at future events and/or judge the success of this one.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you going?

Unfortunately no. I already had plans to be in Death Valley (if I'm not on a business trip or meeting with visiting clients). Looks like we'll be going to DV to Eureka Valley area. Keep an eye open for a black Raptor and some Jeeps :)

Rob (the pres of the LVAS) replied back saying its no problem at all. Its free an open to the public. He did say that we if we do, just intro ourselves to someone with the group so we can all say 'hi'. I get the feeling they like to know who visits that's not part of the Society, so they can get a feel for who/how many to expect at future events and/or judge the success of this one.

They want to know who all the guys are in trucks with bright lights ruining their night vision for another half hour :mrgreen:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hope you guys have a great time! You've got an amazing trip ahead of you - Death Valley has wonders in store for you. Enjoy (and take lots of pics)!