Best mods to build up a naturally asperated 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 350 for the JDM canned tune(which is excellent, and I still use). I also paid 600 for a custom tune. Truck spent 2.5 hours on the dyno. Pretty cool stuff to watch them map that stuff out. It is also very good. I go back and forth seeing the subtle differences. I am currently on the custom tune. A little more low end power for acceleration. I use the custom on the street, and the jdm on the dirt.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much does it typically cost to get a custom tune made up? Always wondered about that.

Our MyCal tuning device is currently $499. All of our tunes are custom tunes based on your specific truck, modification list and octane level of fuel you plan to use. Our device stores the stock tune file along with two additional custom tunes. The custom tunes can be updated in the future as you add additional modifications to the vehicle at no extra charge.

LME-AIW 2011-14 SVT F150 Raptor Tuner - Livernois Motorsports

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
N/a build

How much do the livernois cams/heads package give. I already have longtubes, airaid intake, and livernois 93 tune. So I should be around 365whp and 395 rwtq.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just some food for thought: I wanted to stay NA for the longest time and looked at every thing under the sun to go faster. The cams/heads are very expensive for not that much gain. My tech finally convinced me to supercharge, and I am glad he did. No going back now. Just curious why you want to stay NA? I am not knocking it at all, just wondering.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He watched the born in Baja video and wants his raptor like the Raptor R lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were to go forced induction. Should I go with whipple supercharger or do a twin turbo setup from upp or hellion? Which forced induction would be better off road?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He watched the born in Baja video and wants his raptor like the Raptor R lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The raptor r engine, had a different throttle body, custom headers, lightly ported heads and a set of cams, and well a good tune

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much do the livernois cams/heads package give. I already have longtubes, airaid intake, and livernois 93 tune. So I should be around 365whp and 395 rwtq.

Typically speaking our NA package makes 400-420 RWHP

If I were to go forced induction. Should I go with whipple supercharger or do a twin turbo setup from upp or hellion? Which forced induction would be better off road?

We definitely recommend going with a whipple on forced induction builds. Turbo is nice, but it's a ton of upkeep, and unlike a supercharger which is either going to make it's max boost that it's pullied for or less, a turbo can overboost very easily, and then it's bye bye piston.

The raptor r engine, had a different throttle body, custom headers, lightly ported heads and a set of cams, and well a good tune

Plus different pistons, and a slew of other changes