Best mods for Gen 2 Ford Raptor without voiding warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone:

I am looking to upgrade/modify my 2020 Ford Raptor supercab. At purchase, we selected every warranty that was available from Ford Protect. I don't want to void those warranties but I do want to upgrade within those walls. So far I want to get a AFE Magnum FORCE Stage-2 XP Dual 3.5in.. I know, please don't bombard me, without a tune it is a little waste of money, but I like the way it looks and it should add a small amount of sound. Eventually I want to add a larger downpipe, high-flow cats, and a Corsa exhaust system but that is for later as I don't want to spend that much that fast. What are your opinions?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20210203_153055.jpg
    20210203_153055.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 39

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Honestly, intake and exhaust won’t do anything for performance until or unless you tune the truck. Depends on your use case. If you off road a bit, consider a wheel and tire package. Lights. If you are late making it off the trail you really can’t have too much light.
tunes? The Ford audio offerings are WEAK. you can mod a really good sounding stereo for under 3k.
so, what’s your use case?

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. The reason I like intake is the looks, exhaust is the sound. I don't off-road at night but I will look into an light upgrade, I have been eying the Ford Performance fog lights. Audio system is fine for me and don't want to spend money on a new one. And on wheel and tires, my grandfather (who has 50 years of car knowledge) always says, "You think you can better million dollar (Ford Performance) engineers?". I run it a hard on-road and not hard off-road. I know, please don't bombard me for the "Not hard off-road" part, I don't trash a $80k vehicle. Tham you for your reply!

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
We have a bunch of lighting supporting vendors who love to help out members on FRF. They will set you up with good options for what you need.

off the pavement is where the Raptor shines. find some locals to explore off road with. You won’t regret it.

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a bunch of lighting supporting vendors who love to help out members on FRF. They will set you up with good options for what you need.

off the pavement is where the Raptor shines. find some locals to explore off road with. You won’t regret it.
I have tried it and I enjoy it but I am not going to go hard core with a $80k vehicle. I like our vehicles nice and pretty looking but still run them hard on-road. Yes, the Raptor finished Baja stock (with safety features)..TRX who......yes it the Raptor is extremely capable.

Raptormts

Reaction score
Specialty Performance Parts has great lighting packages. The harnesses are plug n play. Easy at home installs. I have the three light combo in front and a reverses set since the factory reverse are pretty weak. All connect to the ceiling toggles. Excellent customer service and tech support.

I have Weather Tech no drill mud flaps with the addl. center flap on the running boards to keep debris off the front of the rear fender. Also, Weather Tech Bed Liner.

Husky Liner rear wheel well liners and floor liners. Less expensive than Weather Tech. Perfect fit.

9 Months and all holding up well. Very satisfied.

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving hard off road doesn’t mean you’re trashing your truck, you don’t know what you’re missing, you’ve spent lots of money for a badass truck and now your itching to spend more money without experiencing what it can do right out the gate, just my opinion… I opted for lights as my first upgrade, I like amber daytime running lights and SAE fog lights for night driving it’s a nice upgrade and easy to do with our upfitter switches, I next did a new set of wheels and kept the load range C tires just to change the look and get a slightly wider offset, many routes you can take and lots of knowledge here that will help you out

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly check out what @smurfslayer said about wheels and tires. I understand what you said about out thinking Ford engineers, but millions were not spent making the OEM wheels. They are tough but extremely heavy compared to dedicated options. I run Enkei RPT1's that are as strong as OEM but 13lbs lighter than stock beadlocks. The difference in acceleration, turn in, and braking was substantial and I'd say equivalent to a mild tune. Worth a look!