Best Intercooler for Stock Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my Mishimoto IC yesterday. It wasn't too bad of an install, and clean (no trimming). I did need two extra tools, a floor jack and my GF to operate it.

I am going to get some performance numbers on my Cobb Stage 1, and then do the same with the Stage 2 map.

That is what I want is an exact fit. No trimming or modifications. So the Mishimoto does that?

What did you need the floor jack for? To raise the IC into position, and hold it there while making connections?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What did you need the floor jack for? To raise the IC into position, and hold it there while making connections?

Correct. Floor jack supports it while you make connections and bolt it to the truck.

Also, a great method for installing rear bumpers. Use the floor jack and hold it under the hitch receive once attached to the bumper and jack up and into position.

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That is what I figured.

Anyone here use the AFE Bladerunner? Just curious about it as compared to the mishimoto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cody91tt

Reaction score
Does anyone have any dimensions and feedback to compare the Injen Intercooler for the Raptor vs, say, Mishimoto? They’re a bit less expensive and to be honest, I’ve seen both up close and have to say that the quality of welds, alignment and finish are way better on the injen units. Sadly, I just can’t tell if the injen is thicker like the Mishimoto — Their site gives only vague details.

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any dimensions and feedback to compare the Injen Intercooler for the Raptor vs, say, Mishimoto? They’re a bit less expensive and to be honest, I’ve seen both up close and have to say that the quality of welds, alignment and finish are way better on the injen units. Sadly, I just can’t tell if the injen is thicker like the Mishimoto — Their site gives only vague details.

Similar to our unit, Injen's core is 21*5.75*5.28 and Mishimoto's is 20*5*9.5.

Going beyond core size alone you have to consider the quality of the actual core (i.e. number of charge rows vs. density of fin pack, etc.) when determining how two similar-sized intercoolers may not perform the same head-to-head.

Our intercooler's core was designed specifically for the application and was street tested/redesigned several times over to ensure that we were maximizing every inch of the allocated cooling space (on top of our Lifetime Warranty in the case of welds concerns, etc.). :)

Sources here:

https://www.americantrucks.com/injentercooler-1518-27l-35l-ecoboost-f150.html

https://www.cjponyparts.com/mishimo...-2019-f-150-raptor-2017-2019/p/MMINTF15015BK/

OP
OP
titanjc

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear some feedback on the Injen too. It doesn't seem like a lot of people run them for some reason, but it is the best value out of all the stock intercooler replacements.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cody91tt

Reaction score
Similar to our unit, Injen's core is 21*5.75*5.28 and Mishimoto's is 20*5*9.5.

Going beyond core size alone you have to consider the quality of the actual core (i.e. number of charge rows vs. density of fin pack, etc.) when determining how two similar-sized intercoolers may not perform the same head-to-head.

Our intercooler's core was designed specifically for the application and was street tested/redesigned several times over to ensure that we were maximizing every inch of the allocated cooling space (on top of our Lifetime Warranty in the case of welds concerns, etc.). :)

Sources here:

https://www.americantrucks.com/injentercooler-1518-27l-35l-ecoboost-f150.html

https://www.cjponyparts.com/mishimo...-2019-f-150-raptor-2017-2019/p/MMINTF15015BK/
Thank you for the details my man— Appreciate it. Just need to see some comparisons and see how many upgrades I actually plan on doing to make sure it’s offering scalable support.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the details my man— Appreciate it. Just need to see some comparisons and see how many upgrades I actually plan on doing to make sure it’s offering scalable support.
On the American trucks website someone posted what looks like pics of stock vs the injen- for sure looks thicker than the stocker & has cast AL endtanks- bus it is bigger than the mishimoto? Cool any better? Does look like it’d be an upgrade over stock either way.

I was ready to pull trigger on mishimoto but may go injen instead save a few $$$

6A46CD2C-1B4E-4CC2-AD5F-6E9716E2F10E.jpeg

9A9D18F3-DB82-4668-B5DA-A1C6CCA4DC6D.jpeg