Best Intercooler for Stock Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look at the pics >> Raptor skid plates. It looks like a Raptor to me.

I caught the install instruction, but where it notes raptor, it only says to disconnect the fan plug— everything else (incl the shuttters), it’s showing it being removed on the F-150 model, not actually on the raptor.

Full race emailed me and said this is also the case, but Garrett has yet to confirm— Such a great product but very vague instructions. Oh well, maybe this will clear things up for other raptor owners to get a much better product than the Chinese Mfg of Mishimoto.

Worst case, I may still remove the shutters if it calls for it since it’s such a nice unit and I can always box them up.

Cody91tt

Reaction score
I looked those over, thanks— And I do see the raptor skid on one photo, but Im looking at all the other pics and they’re F-150 ...8 out of 10 and seemingly on the shutter area. I’m lost haha

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I looked those over, thanks— And I do see the raptor skid on one photo, but Im looking at all the other pics and they’re F-150 ...8 out of 10 and seemingly on the shutter area. I’m lost haha
So did you determine if you have to cut them out or not?

Cody91tt

Reaction score
Garrett never did respond, but I decided to order one from them anyway??! Great products. Terrible at responding.

At any rate, I measured and think at along as the core isn’t larger in depth as stated, I have a shot to squeeze it in without cutting.

I get it on Wednesday so I’ll post pics as I get to the install and other mods I ordered.

Cody91tt

Reaction score
Of course! I sure hope it works out the way we’d all like— I’m not a fan of cutting anything on my truck.

Alternatively, adding a Chinese mfg, crumbling pot metal, intercooler (whether it’s making power or not right now), will most definitely fall apart under stress levels due to cheap material, construction and design. Money saved there is cost prohibitive when it takes out your turbos / engine.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my mishimoto IC installed. Took the shop less than 2 hrs. No cutting, direct bolt on. Goose saw an improvement thru my logs. No complaints.

Mishimoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, thanks for your interest in our intercooler for your trucks! We understand there can be some hesitation with seeing negative reviews on brands or products, but we’re happy to help and answer any additional questions you may have.

As we all know, customers who are experiencing an issue are much more likely to publicly post about it, and the way BBB’s site is structured, the main option is to “File a Complaint” so it’s no surprise that most of the postings there are negative. Aside from that, a business can be protected by becoming “accredited” for a fee paid to BBB, and investigative reports have found that ratings have been altered based on that paid accreditation, leaving other businesses to accumulate negative reviews, skewing the outlook.

We’re dedicated to making sure you guys have the best products available for your vehicles and are happy to assist if something does come up. All our parts are covered by our lifetime warranty for manufacturing defects, so if something does fail or give you trouble, just reach out via email or the form on our website and we’ll get you back on the road or trails as soon as possible. Unlike many other warranty programs, we don’t require you to send the parts back for inspection and approval either, saving you hassle and downtime. Speaking of the warranty, we haven’t had anyone reach out to us on either the intercooler or the piping for the Raptor with an issue that required a replacement since coming to market.

While our parts are manufactured around the world, all our R&D, road testing, and quality control monitoring is based out of our Delaware headquarters. We work very closely with our overseas locations and have Mishimoto team members on hand to make sure that everything is going smoothly through every step of the production process. We’re very proud of our Raptor intercooler system and have had plenty of positive feedback from drivers running our kit on everything from daily drivers to off-road toys. We know there’s a lot of options out there, but we’re focused on offering the intercooler that’s going to be an easy install and great bang-for-your-buck performance.