Best Intercooler for Stock Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
install it yet?

Garrett never did respond, but I decided to order one from them anyway??! Great products. Terrible at responding.

At any rate, I measured and think at along as the core isn’t larger in depth as stated, I have a shot to squeeze it in without cutting.

I get it on Wednesday so I’ll post pics as I get to the install and other mods I ordered.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We never got an answer out of them either. We do still have some of them in stock as well as the other options

Cody91tt

Reaction score
Well, it’s official, you have to trim the shroud for the shutters and of course, remove the air guide trim that surrounds it. Not a big deal though and unless you closely inspected it, you cannot tell it’s modified. That being said, you do have to measure twice and cut once because if you take off too much, oh cannot re install the shutters like I managed to do. If Garrett would add a template to cut and bushings to space the shutters (away from the frame so they’re functional), then it’s a simple kit.

I’m very glad I went with this cooler vs the others though because it’s stealth in Oe location, as thick as you can get, manufactured perfectly, engineered the same and will support 750hp if needed.

Slag free insides. Bonus lol

0C7BE7DB-56A4-49A3-8E40-8246EE11DAFB.jpeg

A6BFABBB-789A-4C30-97BB-CAE2C8C389D6.jpeg

BC361D3A-6EE6-4E82-8995-FE9614404F6C.jpeg

495CF339-0BD2-46FB-AFF0-DA25B01D02E0.jpeg

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll take another with the shutters cut to spec as well, if anyone is interested.

Coupled with Cobb AP, custom Goose tune for 92 oct and my Cobb intake, it’s killer!

View attachment 127844

Yes, please post a pic of the shutter modification. Where is the Garrett IC made?

Great to hear that your getting great results with Cobb stage 2 with the Garrett IC.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll take another with the shutters cut to spec as well, if anyone is interested.

Coupled with Cobb AP, custom Goose tune for 92 oct and my Cobb intake, it’s killer!

View attachment 127844

i bought a garrett, never installed it.. but read the install guide a few times... i'm nearly positive it says to remove the shutters/guide..

and to question, yes it retains factory fans as per install guide.