Best intake and tuner for 1st Gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cousin just picked up a first gen raptor. Hes looking to add an intake and tuner. Any recommendations?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure we'd be glad to help your cousin, but please ask him to define "best." Is he interested in performance at the expense of MPG and reliability, does he want to maximize MPG even if it means a marginal degradation in top-end performance, does he value torque over horsepower for say hill-climbing or towing ability, or does he value horsepower over torque because he's more interested in highway performance at speed? The question as you've asked it is so ill defined that all you're likely to get is opinion.

OP
OP
C

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets go with MPG with a little loss in top end. Honestly I was looking for more of a general direction of what is out there. Im new to Ford and have a Gen 2 so my Gen 1 knowledge is lacking.

lixalottapus

Reaction score
I got a BBK CAI and over sized throttle body for Christmas for my 2013 SCREW. Really cranks up the noise of the motor when you step on it. Kinda cool, but it's almost a strange sound like something is wrong, although with the hood open it sounds like a freakin top fuel dragster like you just put a turbo in as it gasps for air.
Really hard to tell about the performance increase but it's supposed to be 20hp with both the intake and throttle body upgrade. The only thing I dislike so far is that at low parking lot speeds it doesn't like to go slow, if you take your foot off the gas it basically engine brakes and the whole truck lurches similar to a down shift. There is no sweet spot for going 5-10 mph. Pretty annoying when I am trying to leave work. I do not know if this is common to throttle body upgrades as this is my first one.
I am reserving my opinion until I add the Corsa Extreme exhaust.

I will post pictures of the CAI.