Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Best DIY ceramic treatment

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by Jeff Boone, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Jeff Boone

Jeff Boone Member

Literally on my way to pick up my new 2020 :). Wanna put ceramic treatment on it ASAP. Any advice on brand/tips greatly appreciated!!!

2. dblack

dblack Full Access Member

I'm dropping mine off after work to have it ceramic coated with GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra on the paint and Shine Supply Beadlock on the wheels and suspension.

Shine Supply's Beadlock Pro for paint is supposed to be easy to apply, though I have no experience with it. However, every other product I use is Shine Supply and I absolutely love all of them. I probably would have gone with Beadlock Pro on my Raptor, but I had my Wrangler done in Crystal Serum Ultra and really liked it so that's what I'm going with again.

Jeff Boone likes this.
  3. TripleE44

TripleE44 Member

Just like he said, I've been on Shine Supply for a few years and I haven't been disappointed with anything.

The beadlock pro wasn't out when I coated my Raptor so I went with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light. This is their consumer one, but it's holding up EXTREMELY well.

Prior to this I've been using Cquartz, but not having as great results as with the Gtechniq.

One huge tip I've figured out for application, aim a shop flood light at the wall away from the truck when you're buffing off the excess product. It lights the oil slick appearing crap up incredibly and helps a lot with missing spots. It's pretty easy to miss a spot otherwise, which is a huge hassle on the back end.

Jeff Boone likes this.
  4. Spencer4336

Spencer4336 Full Access Member

Adams polishes just came out with the new black light ceramic coating to make it easier to see where the coating has been installed so it’s easier for diy!

I just got my 2020 I ordered last week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. allinon72

allinon72 Full Access Member

Crystal Serum Light + EXO + Beadmaker.

JLozano likes this.
  6. Nood1es

Nood1es Full Access Member

that’s what I just got installed. Minus the beadmaker with a new exo that’s hitting market soon, was what the installer said and mAn does the truck stay clean.

7. Scottx

Scottx Full Access Member

For me optimum technology
    Opti- coat/opti-guard, got it from Autogeek,has worked great for me. See utube videos for more.

8. ChaseH

ChaseH Full Access Member

I have adams on mine and love it.