Best brake kit ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plasterman

Reaction score
Looking to get a brake kit, brembo or wilewood I see are the most popular. Im on 20’s but put stock back on for wheeling. What’s the scoop on no squeaking and longevity out there?

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R1 Concepts is another BBK.

You will not be able to use your 17" with a BBK.

You can get pads with higher friction coefficient like EBC Yellowstuff pads for the stock calipers.

You can gain as much as 25% better braking with better pad, but they might squeek or produce more dust.

OP
OP
P

Plasterman

Reaction score
Alcon works with 17" wheels. If it is a 19, you can only do the front, but it works well. Contact Nick at Apollo Optics, he can help you.

It’s an 18’ I didn’t realize there was a difference on the two. I’ll get in touch with him. Thanks!

OP
OP
P

Plasterman

Reaction score
R1 Concepts is another BBK.

You will not be able to use your 17" with a BBK.

You can get pads with higher friction coefficient like EBC Yellowstuff pads for the stock calipers.

You can gain as much as 25% better braking with better pad, but they might squeek or produce more dust.

I can’t stand squeaky wheels. I’ll sell the truck before I have squeaking happening. Lol