Best Bed Mat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve DeVito

Reaction score
I have the Weather Tech floor may and like it. It is molded to the bed, comes up about 6 inches on the side. Works well for what I need. Especially in combination with the hard bed cover. Remember, you can still Line-X your bed at anytime and it will look brand new.

https://www.weathertech.com/techliner-bed-tailgate-protection/

Hello:
I am new to the Forum. I just purchased a 2018 with 22K miles. I've already tuned it with a Cobb Stage 1. I have the spray-in bedliner and swing-out tail gate extender. I installed the thinner rubber bumpers on the extender so that it swings out without extra upward pressure to lift it over the ribs in the bed. Do you have the WeatherTech installed over the spray-in liner AND the tailgate extender. If so, did you have to do any mods/adjustments. Thanks in advance!

Sean M Heard

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in the country surrounded by fir trees. I have a bad enough time getting the pine needles out of the interior, I couldn't imagine having "carpet" exposed. Looks great though!
Thanks! That’s why I added the Retrax cover. But it’s still useful as I haul lawn equipment over the weekend and just vacuumed the grass right up. No issues. You can of course us a blower as well.

Medic 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the spray in liner from the factory, caught the OEM Ford mat on sale. I did have to remove the rubber bump stops on the one side of the bed extenders to get them to sit flat and work properly. Not a big deal, everything works.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Weather Tech floor may and like it. It is molded to the bed, comes up about 6 inches on the side. Works well for what I need. Especially in combination with the hard bed cover. Remember, you can still Line-X your bed at anytime and it will look brand new.

https://www.weathertech.com/techliner-bed-tailgate-protection/

Do you have a spray in liner also? WT says they don't recommend it if you have a spray in. They said their velcro will not stick and the mat fit will be off a bit because of the thickness of the spray in liner.

OP
OP
Gimlet

Gimlet

Reaction score
If your not going to be hauling heavy,greasy,sharp items...BED-RUG hands down...otherwise just go get the Line-X sprayed in.Personally I think the one piece drop in liners are kind of cheap looking for such a beautiful truck.. :)
Had the Bed-Rug in my Tacoma and loved it...and if ya got bad knees,well..the padded underside is great. My 2014 Raptor already had the Line-X in it or I'd of bought another Bed-Rug...
One thing though,it holds up fine with "water",dries fast,its same carpet they use in Boats...but it will stain with oils,and not too easy to clean....otherwise if you want to clean,wait for a nice sunny day,park on an incline and soap it up and hose it down...Easy....

Outstanding arguement for the Bed-Rug. Thanks Ricoman.