GEN 2 Below invoice dealers in SoCal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it will be purchased by someone who just won the ghetto lottery in SoCal.

FinalBoss

Reaction score
I'm in Fullerton and went through the same process. Look up my posts from November and call Travis at Long McArthur Ford in KS. I got my fully loaded (every option except stickers) for invoice with free Ford delivery to Ted Robbins Ford in Costa Mesa (who dropped the ball on delivery). I gave Ken Grody a shot prior to ordering since they're 5 minutes away and they wouldn't budge off $10k over MSRP which is absolutely insane. I can't believe the numbers of Raptors, especially 2019s, sitting at the local dealers based on the posts above. Talk about bad inventory management.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And it costs the dealer roughly $10 per day for each Raptor that collects dust on the lot.

FinalBoss

Reaction score
And it costs the dealer roughly $10 per day for each Raptor that collects dust on the lot.

That's insane. I guess their business model must be working to continue keeping that much inventory. Maybe a single insane ADM sale makes up for it, but the loss of goodwill, especially with more educated online savvy buyers, doesn't seem worth it. I appreciate the additional info regarding lot costs!

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It reminds me of a local Toyota dealer that had 33 ‘19 Tacoma TRD Pro models (top of the line) that start at $47k collecting dust on the lots for months on end. They were selling them for above MSRP. Then the new and improved 2020 models hit the lots in September so they blew out the ‘19’s in a month with substantial discounts. Buyers came out of the woods and snapped them all up in 3 weeks.

Last edited:

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One would think there would be deals to be had but seems to currently not be the case. Villa Ford in Orange has around 45 2019's at $3500 off sticker. I have not pushed on them but that is still not enough for a 19. The dealer back home is South Dakota is around $7000-8000 off MSRP on 2020's but they do not have CA Emissions package. I know there are ways around this but not sure I want the hassle.

Are you positive they don't have the CA Emissions package? Im pretty sure they are all 50 state compliant now. Maybe someone else can confirm.

For So Cal as it stands its about 3k off right now even if they have 48 on the lot. I don't know how but thats where they are at. 3k right now. Out of state I have personally negotiated 7800k off sticker. You have to go out of state for the deep discounts.

I guess for So Cal is it TX AZ or NV?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you positive they don't have the CA Emissions package? Im pretty sure they are all 50 state compliant now. Maybe someone else can confirm.

For So Cal as it stands its about 3k off right now even if they have 48 on the lot. I don't know how but thats where they are at. 3k right now. Out of state I have personally negotiated 7800k off sticker. You have to go out of state for the deep discounts.

I guess for So Cal is it TX AZ or NV?

Dunno but all are good as In-n-Out is in all three.:smiley-face-popcorn:drink_nl:

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one i found back in SD that i am working on now. 8K off msrp just to start... They also have a 14 Gen 1 I wouldn't mind having too. Harder to drive 20 to buy a used truck sight unseen. New is another story.

What dealer is that in SD? I have to go there on business soon. Thanks