Been using wrong PS Fluid!

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You are probably right but considering how these fail, I sure don't want to be denied a warranty claim because I failed to use the proper fluid as stated in the owners manual.

My question was more about the damage of mixing the two.

Another question since I will be going to AMSOIL ATF synthetic will there be any issue if there is any left over regular ATF?

They probably wouldn't notice the difference. I've never compared the two side by side but I can't imagine the viscosity is that different they could tell one over the other.

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

raptorgay

Reaction score
Actually I had the same incident before, used a wrong PS fluid, good thing I flush it within that day. But great to know it won't harm the system at all.

raptorgay

Reaction score
Any idea how to drain the PS fluid faster? I have been using a Turkey baster and it do help but some of the fluid would be drained at all.

gtxracer

Reaction score
I did this when switching from Ford ATF to Amsoil PS fluid. I disconnected the return at the reservoir and had the return line plumbed to a large overflow tank. I had a helper in the truck and they would start and run the truck as I poured Amsoil PS fluid in the reservoir with the return port capped. This essentially flushed the whole system pretty quickly. You have to be VERY quick to refill the reservoir or you can starve and possibly kill the pump. Have your helper turn slowly back and forth from lock to lock so it's easily manageable. I think I only used an extra 1-1.5 quarts doing it this way and the entire system was flushed with the new fluid.