Bed Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wyatt

Reaction score
I finished the rack. Wadda ya think?

Attachments

• Raptor Rack 1.jpg
    Raptor Rack 1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 320
  • Raptor Rack 2.jpg
    Raptor Rack 2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 330
  • Raptor Rack 3.jpg
    Raptor Rack 3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 348
OP
OP
Wyatt

Wyatt

Reaction score
How are you going to use it?

Sent using Tapatalk

I have a Prijon kayak that is nearly 17' that will ride on top and a BMW F650GS that will fit nicely in the bed. I made the rear cross section of the rack removable which allows the bed to open up for objects with heights greater than 3 1/2'.

I'm planning a solo trip to the upper Missouri river to navigate a 150 mile section that was traveled by Lewis and Clark. I'll drop off the kayak at Ft Benton, MT, drive the truck and MC down to Kipp Rec Area. Park the truck, take the MC back up to Ft Benton, drop off the MC, paddle the kayak 150 miles to the truck, load up the kayak, drive the truck back up to Ft. Benton, pick up the MC and head back to TX... Should make for a long day.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sounds like a cool trip. I've considered paddling the muddy Mo up in Montana as well. I'd be interested to hear about your trip. Where you able to camp and the type of scenery you saw.

I like the look of the rack, it's very interesting. How did you mount it to the rails? Have you had it on the highway yet? Wondering if you'll get any wind noise?

Happy trails on your trip! If you need a good source for dehydrated food, I really enjoy Packit Gourmet

OP
OP
Wyatt

Wyatt

Reaction score
I like the look of the rack, it's very interesting. How did you mount it to the rails? Have you had it on the highway yet? Wondering if you'll get any wind noise?

I ran her up to 85 yesterday with no noticeable difference. I mounted the rack using 1/2" all-thread down through the stake pockets. It's going NO where.

Does the bakflip open all the way?

Great question! I spent a lot of time on the correct measurements to accomplish it and yes, it opens all the way. I built the rack around the cover.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good. Nice job building something that fits your specific needs and looks good too. Trip sounds cool, have fun.