Bed cover recommendations - cold climates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the BAK Flip MX4. Works great for our Wyoming winters. I can use my whole bed and if I want to remove, 2 Wing nuts and it's off.

Same. I haul a snowmobile in the bed with it folded up. Thought that with the Revolver that may have been an issue.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I use a vinyl gator cover. Significantly cheaper than many of the options listed previously, and it does fine through PA winters every year. I put some UV treatment on it every couple months, and the bed stays dry. Heck, I could probably replace mine 3-4 times over before I get to the price of some of these hard covers.

But you have zero protection with that type of cover, no?

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But you have zero protection with that type of cover, no?

Define protection. From the Elements? Sure. My wife and I lived in a hotel for 2.5 months this past winter while our house was being finished and I stored a ton of our garage stuff in the bed of my truck the entire time.

If you think by having a hard cover you are preventing someone from getting into your bed, you are sadly mistaken. Someone can break the lock on your tailgate if they really wanted to.

OP
OP
allinon72

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Define protection. From the Elements? Sure. My wife and I lived in a hotel for 2.5 months this past winter while our house was being finished and I stored a ton of our garage stuff in the bed of my truck the entire time.

If you think by having a hard cover you are preventing someone from getting into your bed, you are sadly mistaken. Someone can break the lock on your tailgate if they really wanted to.
Of course - but with anything security related, it's about deterrence. A hard cover that requires a pry bar or drilling out the lock is a far bigger deterrent than a knife through vinyl.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diamond Back is the way to go. Had it on my last F150 and I have one on my new truck. The only cover that can hold my ATV up to 1600 lbs.
In fact I kept my old one when I traded my truck since the dealer would not give me any credit for my bed cover. PM me if your truck needs a cover and you want to save $500 on a 8month old cover. https://diamondbackcovers.com/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter