Beadlock/CF orders getting pulled 02/01 forward

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am allocation 5 out of 7. I don't believe they took more orders then they had allocations for. Last I knew they had that last allocation to sell. This was about a month ago.

Ten Miler

Reaction score
I wonder what factor makes your order "worthy" of beadlocks and CF? How are they determining who gets to have them? Is it a lottery? Very strange... Anyway, Congrats!

I certainly didn't post my good fortune to rub it in, I just wanted to send a note of encouragement that our long wait can/will be rewarded. Hang in there!!

OP
OP
R

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I certainly didn't post my good fortune to rub it in, I just wanted to send a note of encouragement that our long wait can/will be rewarded. Hang in there!!

HAHA I didn't read it that way at all. I'm actually the OP for this thread. I started it to get a feel for the delays on Beadlocks and CF and to see who was getting orders pulled with these options. I know people are getting them, just interesting how this whole thing is going.

Ten Miler

Reaction score
HAHA I didn't read it that way at all. I'm actually the OP for this thread. I started it to get a feel for the delays on Beadlocks and CF and to see who was getting orders pulled with these options. I know people are getting them, just interesting how this whole thing is going.

I am glad you didn't interpret it that way. When I reread the post I thought I sounded like a **** and I wanted to clear that up.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what factor makes your order "worthy" of beadlocks and CF? How are they determining who gets to have them? Is it a lottery? Very strange... Anyway, Congrats!

As Ten Miler said, I would hang in there if you really want something, like the forged wheels. I'd like to think the duration a customer waits has some bearing in orders getting pulled--I was almost at 7 months, and my beadlock equipped truck got pulled yesterday. So, they are definitely being produced. My dealer maintained through this whole saga that there has never been a commodity constraint for the forged wheels, for them; they did admit to a carbon fiber shortage, as well as the interior accent package. Seems to be plenty of evidence that there are shortages on the forged wheels, as more and more people seem to be getting "the call". But, as others have said, I will say again, if you want the beadlocks (I agree with you--do not like the standard cast wheels), either find them from an aftermarket vendor, or wait for Ford to produce your truck as you properly ordered it, because they will eventually make it available as desired.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Ten Miler said, I would hang in there if you really want something, like the forged wheels. I'd like to think the duration a customer waits has some bearing in orders getting pulled--I was almost at 7 months, and my beadlock equipped truck got pulled yesterday. So, they are definitely being produced. My dealer maintained through this whole saga that there has never been a commodity constraint for the forged wheels, for them; they did admit to a carbon fiber shortage, as well as the interior accent package. Seems to be plenty of evidence that there are shortages on the forged wheels, as more and more people seem to be getting "the call". But, as others have said, I will say again, if you want the beadlocks (I agree with you--do not like the standard cast wheels), either find them from an aftermarket vendor, or wait for Ford to produce your truck as you properly ordered it, because they will eventually make it available as desired.

I think the risk in doing that is that might lose out on your allocation - could mean no '17 (as was the case for me if I didn't) and who knows when for an '18. It comes down to how much longer does one want to wait. I know it's inconvenient but I think one can get close $ wise by buying beadlocks via 3rd party and selling original wheels if they wish. I wonder what happens with a push to an '18 and the rumored price increase.....

Anyway, my two cents. I think if you really want your truck in the near future and not the end of '17, maybe pull the beadlocks. I really wanted them too, but got pragmatic about my situation...

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Hang in there, BLs are so worth it! I have the only Raptor with BLs in my area, and big difference in look.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hang in there, BLs are so worth it! I have the only Raptor with BLs in my area, and big difference in look.

Same here, when mine finally shows up. I've only seen 2 other trucks in my area, AG and MG, both with the standard cast wheels. Beautiful trucks. Not so beautiful wheels.

OP
OP
R

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, when mine finally shows up. I've only seen 2 other trucks in my area, AG and MG, both with the standard cast wheels. Beautiful trucks. Not so beautiful wheels.

One of the dealers by me had had 3 Raptors come in so far. All of them have had Beadlocks.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the dealers by me had had 3 Raptors come in so far. All of them have had Beadlocks.

And my dealer has only received 1 out of 7 units, and it had the beadlocks (other trucks I mentioned with standard wheels came from my more local Cda dealership). So, every time I have ever approached my selling dealer, they always point out that the only truck they've ever seen for the '17 Raptor year came with the supposed-to-be-commodity-constrained-wheels.