Beadlock/CF orders getting pulled 02/01 forward

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks warrior! My dealer texted me just a few hours ago and said I have a build date of March 20th--finally!! So, it's a ways off, but suddenly seems like a real proposition, officially moving out of that unscheduled clean status. Getting excited :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I hope not, not too much longer, that is awful. If we followed the advice of some, we would have thrown in the towel and either tried to source other stock units in some far distant state, or hopped on the list for a 2018. Either action I would not criticize. But, like you, I've hung in there for my order. And just got a build date, so stay hopeful.

My concern with waiting for my18 is the thought that this whole process will repeat itself. I put my order in bf the order banks opened without thinking this process would be this way. I do not want to go through it again. If i knew i would get one of the first 18's i would wait.

Cobber

Reaction score
Thanks warrior! My dealer texted me just a few hours ago and said I have a build date of March 20th--finally!! So, it's a ways off, but suddenly seems like a real proposition, officially moving out of that unscheduled clean status. Getting excited :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I hope not, not too much longer, that is awful. If we followed the advice of some, we would have thrown in the towel and either tried to source other stock units in some far distant state, or hopped on the list for a 2018. Either action I would not criticize. But, like you, I've hung in there for my order. And just got a build date, so stay hopeful.
That's awesome... finally. My guy texted me yesterday. FP originally had my build date March 10. Now it is March 3 so hopefully it will be built in another couple weeks. Just waiting for my window sticker to come up. Eta still start of April but that would be 4 weeks from build date so hoping it's a little quicker. I agree, sucks to wait so long since Aug 13 for me but getting the truck how you want it way better...

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My concern with waiting for my18 is the thought that this whole process will repeat itself. I put my order in bf the order banks opened without thinking this process would be this way. I do not want to go through it again. If i knew i would get one of the first 18's i would wait.

I've been through similar situations with many other vehicles over the years, so history is what I reference. With that in mind, I am personally confident that the 2018 production year will be much smoother, much more palatable for eager consumers.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

That's awesome... finally. My guy texted me yesterday. FP originally had my build date March 10. Now it is March 3 so hopefully it will be built in another couple weeks. Just waiting for my window sticker to come up. Eta still start of April but that would be 4 weeks from build date so hoping it's a little quicker. I agree, sucks to wait so long since Aug 13 for me but getting the truck how you want it way better...

Yeah, I was really excited to get the good news! Until now, it seemed like a hoax, a cruel, twisted, dark hoax. I actually just texted a good friend of mine, an auto dealer, about my Raptor finally getting a build date, and he pointed out that was a good thing! Because the roads would have a chance to be cleaned up and fixed a bit, which is a nice positive spin. The roads in Spokane are in really bad shape, which, as you know, is very common. But just over state line, in my neck of the woods, road crews take pretty darn good care of winter erosion issues.......not this year. The Arctic freezes, followed by Hawaiian Pineapple Express thaws and pounding moisture, have raised hell all over this area. Almost need a Jeep, Hummer, Raptor, Power Wagon, or just lifted truck with 35's to get through all the canyon sized holes everywhere. Anyway, I'm glad both of our trucks are at least a dot on the horizon now!!

Cobber

Reaction score
Yeah the roads after all this snow and rain in Spokane are atrocious. I've certainly been glad I'm in my truck hitting a few unseen ones. And yes I'm quite happy getting my new truck after this crappy weather is done and the roads are fixed.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the roads after all this snow and rain in Spokane are atrocious. I've certainly been glad I'm in my truck hitting a few unseen ones. And yes I'm quite happy getting my new truck after this crappy weather is done and the roads are fixed.

I'm with ya! I slammed into a huge pit of a hole last night in my Rebel--SLAM! I don't think it did anything much, but super traumatic hitting that at 40 MPH, even with really good 33" tires.

OP
OP
R

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the call from my dealer that Ford is ready to pull my order... IF I drop the beadlocks. I told them I would wait. I hate the stock wheels. This is very frustrating. How do they determine who is privileged enough to get beadlocks and who is not? I only say this because we know they are getting trucks built with beadlocks at this point.

OP
OP
R

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hang in there brother, my order got pulled last week with both CF and BLs. It is happening, so try and be patient, I am certain it will be well worth the wait.

I wonder what factor makes your order "worthy" of beadlocks and CF? How are they determining who gets to have them? Is it a lottery? Very strange... Anyway, Congrats!

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the call from my dealer that Ford is ready to pull my order... IF I drop the beadlocks. I told them I would wait. I hate the stock wheels. This is very frustrating. How do they determine who is privileged enough to get beadlocks and who is not? I only say this because we know they are getting trucks built with beadlocks at this point.

Does your dealer have enough allocations that you will get your Raptor in due time? Obviously they are using your allocation for the next guy that says no to beadlocks...