Battery Light ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the battery light come on a few times and it goes back off in 10 seconds or so. I got home today and it came on as I pulled in I got my meter and checked battery voltage. With both seats, heater, headlights on it was 13.23v with nothing on it was 13.56v It went right back off again.

What is the voltage threshold for the light ?

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take an educated guess here and say :

> A fully charged new battery is 13.2 volts.

So, my guess would be :birgits_tiredcoffeeanything below 13.2 volts.

:hmm:Did you notice what your RPMs were when the light came 'On' ?

I'm sure one of the techs will be able to be more specific.

moonjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey your truck might have been infront or behind mine at the factory. My 2012 batt light was doing same thing. The problem was a bolt on the alternator was not tightened enough from factory, rubbbed the wireing harness and started shorting now and again. They replaced alt, and harness---no more light. Might get it checked out cause it could potentially strand you in in an extereme.:shocked:

Mine is silver also.

OP
OP
White608

White608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey your truck might have been infront or behind mine at the factory. My 2012 batt light was doing same thing. The problem was a bolt on the alternator was not tightened enough from factory, rubbbed the wireing harness and started shorting now and again. They replaced alt, and harness---no more light. Might get it checked out cause it could potentially strand you in in an extereme.:shocked:

Mine is silver also.

:peace:

That sounds like it because it's so random when it does it. Yeah I can imagine my luck it burning to the ground lol