Battery issues & Looking for advice before 1PM Mountain Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
I read all the battery posts and have contributed to them in the past myself, but now looking for advice from folks here with technical knowledge as truck sitting with Ford dealership for service.

Ford Pass app weekly gives me "remote features shutdown message" and dealt with it for months but becoming more frequent. In for service now and ask them to run battery test. This is what they told me...

2022 Raptor w/ 23K
Battery temperature: Normal
Capacity/Charge: 28%
Health: 63% (tech said expecting 68%)
Electrical draw .01 - tech states not enough to be concerned about.
Load test: Normal/No issue
Alternator: No found issues

Tech recommendation: Charge it at dealer while being serviced, expecting 4-5 hours on charger.

Daily driver and average 30+ miles a day/5-days a week, 3/4 of it highway. Tech state this is sufficient to keep the battery "topped" and charged. Also agreed that leaving "auto download on" contributes to battery drain issue.

States I could "purchase" new battery or see what happens after charging. If I am going to purchase, rather purchase Duracell Ultra Platinum from Battery Plus then what Ford installs.

Does not seem right that after 22-months of ownership the battery health is 63% and being a daily driver the charge is at 28%??? Seems like either battery is bad or alternator?????

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer about your battery. Do you happen to live in a hot climate? Vegas, Phoenix??

Heat kills batteries.

If you don’t have one already get a quality charger, I use Victron, and give the battery a good charge once a month.

The Victron has a “Recondition” mode that you should try on your current battery. It’ll shake it up enough to remove some of the sulfation.

Good luck!

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing too helpful to add but when you say 30 miles a day 3/4 highway it leads me to believe that’s to a from work? So I’d imagine under 15-20 minutes of run time each way? It’s not the mileage but the run time that will provide the proper charge. I don’t think 15 minute drives will help keep the battery charged. These trucks seem to have a high electrical draw.