Balancing and Beadlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ntheoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I balanced them with the "beauty ring", it wasn't too bad... anywhere from about 80-200 grams per wheel. But when I converted them with the beadlock ring, it got kinda ugly. I needed 200-500 grams per wheel! BUT, no vibration... so I guess it's ok. I have been contemplating the beads...

Oh... I did them myself, I work for a BMW/MINI Dealer.

OP
OP
JayneCobb

JayneCobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. At this point I think I'll be going with the poly beads. But I'm curious to know if there is any difference offroad when using the poly beads.

Raceredi2

Reaction score
I converted my factory wheels from the beauty rings, to the Beadlock and was in a hurry so I didn't rebalance them at all. Well, I was just being lazy as I have 2 Hunter Balance machines in my garage. So I just left the original weights on the wheels. I had to drive 300 miles when I finished and I figured that it was going to shake like crazy. But they are as smooth as they can be. No shimmy or anything. Im going to throw them on my machine tonight or tomorrow and see how far off they are.

1ntheoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I converted my factory wheels from the beauty rings, to the Beadlock and was in a hurry so I didn't rebalance them at all. Well, I was just being lazy as I have 2 Hunter Balance machines in my garage. So I just left the original weights on the wheels. I had to drive 300 miles when I finished and I figured that it was going to shake like crazy. But they are as smooth as they can be. No shimmy or anything. Im going to throw them on my machine tonight or tomorrow and see how far off they are.

That's a weird thing to have two of in your garage...

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what Huck is saying, it sounds like they may not stay put when hitting bumps. Meaning off road might be horrible.
Anyone else have some experience to share?

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Yeah I just took mine out about a week ago. They are good on the highway but you start any kind of high speed off road and they were terrible(my opinion). I just went back to straight road force balance.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something you guys might wanna do is make sure you line up the yellow dot on the tire with the valve stem

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The yellow dot is the heavy spot on the tire, the valve stem is the lightest part of the wheel, if you line them up the tire and wheel should balance better