BakFlip front seal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I installed my bak flip f1 and noticed the front doesn't seal down. The sides are all the way down but there is about a 1/4" gap across the whole front where the window is. Does anyone else have this?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, I did... I went to a cap dealer and bought a roll of their foam tape and ran 2 extra strips along the front... Worked perfectly!!!

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a piece of weather strip that came with mine. Suppose to run it along the top of the bed the length of the cab.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got that strip with mine and it said that the is to be used if you dont have any type of bedliner. I have a spray in liner and it wasn't needed.

Its needed on some. I have a bedrug... The cover had a gap that the strip would not fill. I needed to add more to fill it... Not all the covers are exactly the same it looks...

The Brit

Reaction score
I got that strip with mine and it said that the is to be used if you dont have any type of bedliner. I have a spray in liner and it wasn't needed.

So if I get Line-x, should I have the top of the bed rail (from side to side) covered with Line-X - or leave it as paint to get a good seal?

Last edited:

GvegasRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After all the talk about the Bakflip. I had to get one, I am impressed with the look and the functionality is great.