Bakflip F1 vs Fibermax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the fibermax is about $100 cheaper and the only difference I see is that the panels are a little thinner 1/2" compared to 5/8" according to their website. Basically one can hold up to 400lbs compared to 300lbs. Doesn't really matter to me because im not going to carry anything heavy on top of it so I was wondering if there are any other differences such as different seals or anything with these models?

Also looking to purchase one asap so who has the best deal on one?
Thanks!

SVT 4x4

Reaction score
I'm not sure what other differences there may be between the two but I can say that I have been totally happy with my Fibermax. The Fibermax and Bedrug are both great additions especially when you have to haul gear around with you.

I can't imagine going wrong with any BAK product, though.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would take a look at the Undercover Flex as well. i have had mine for a year now and love it plus it's stood up to some hard offroading and jumps.

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about getting something like this.

On my Tacoma I had a drop in bedliner. I don't park my truck in my garage and the bedliner has held up.

Do these covers hold up well to the four seasons, sun, snow, rain, all that stuff?

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a Fibermax on my previous Raptor here in Denver. Offroaded with it, ran it through snow, rain, water and it never let me down. Eventually one of the seams broke and Bak replaced it under warranty within a few days of me calling them. Overall, great product.

Call Morrie as he is a supporting vendor and will get you the best price out there!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
There is a thread in the BAK Factory Outlet vendor forum area that outlines the differences between covers

OP
OP
M

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
cool thanks ill check it out

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

ok think I found it.. are you talking about this thread? http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/bak-tonneau-covers-ford-raptor-22131/

if so it's pretty worthless..

It has basic information for example the F1 has a 3 year warranty vs 2 years on the Fibermax. Other than that they are the same except for the hinge design. The flush mount hinge on the F1 is more water proof than the hinge on the Fibermax. The 1/2" vs 5/8" thickness is a ******** marketing statement, they are the same panels. Get the Fibermax and get it from Morrie @ BAK Facktory Outlet.

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2010 black Raptor with an F1. After reading this thread I called my local Bak distributor listed on their website. Mr Jose Torres was excellent to work with and the store did a seemingly flawless install in literally 30 minutes. I initially asked for an F1 for my new 2013 SC given the excellent prior experience with the product. They only had one cover in stock and it was a Fibermax. I was not waiting 4 weeks for an order to arrive so I went with it. Moreover, the price was unbeatable and included installation. The store did what seems like a flawless install in 30 minutes flat, this was yesterday. I cannot see a difference to the older F1 on the 2010 except maybe the 2013 has better hinges and does not have the straplocks. I'll ask tomorrow if they forgot yo install these or maybe the newer models do not need these.