BAK Roll-X Install and Review!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How far do the mounting rails hang inside the bed?

I ask because i have an excess lorado which im not horrible pleased with, bed was full of snow after snowball and leaks when it rains. Access basically told me that its my problem to deal with. it sits 1/2" higher than the bed rails but over hangs inside.

Just curious.

jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how easy would it be to remove the cover/put it back on if you need use of the full bed for a day or something?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
easy. It would take you no more than 7 minutes to remove it.

how easy would it be to remove the cover/put it back on if you need use of the full bed for a day or something?

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

the mounting rails are even with the bed rails and prob hangs 1 inch on either side.

How far do the mounting rails hang inside the bed?

I ask because i have an excess lorado which im not horrible pleased with, bed was full of snow after snowball and leaks when it rains. Access basically told me that its my problem to deal with. it sits 1/2" higher than the bed rails but over hangs inside.

Just curious.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
What he said ^^ . You could pop it off in under 10 minutes...maybe more like 3 if you're in a hurry. The rails overhang inside the bed a bit more than an inch.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

Pax Regis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this same cover a few weeks ago and love it. I did find out what the black felt on the underside is for. It's where to place your hands when rolling or unrolling. So that you don't pinch the bejeezus out of your fingers as the aluminum joints work. Not that I know that from experience or anything.

I couldn't figure out what the extra four pieces of rubber gasket were for. The one that are about 6" inches long. Also my box had no instructions in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Magnum

Reaction score
Put a Roll-X on my son's FX2 last summer and it keeps everything dry and secure. I put one on my Raptor a few weeks ago and am very pleased. It came with some updated parts and no weather stripping for the front edge of the bed so I bought some from Auto Zone to help seal everything up. The instructions in the box had not been updated but it is a very simple install. I didn't know what to do with the 6 inch strips of weather striping either so I just threw them on the work bench. If anyone knows what they are for please let us know.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
posably for the tailgate? so it's completely sealed.
I liked the show Magnum P.I. so if you are Tom you should come to the south dakota buffalo run so I can shake your hand. blue bloods is a good show but I still like P.I. better.

Magnum

Reaction score
posably for the tailgate? so it's completely sealed.
I liked the show Magnum P.I. so if you are Tom you should come to the south dakota buffalo run so I can shake your hand. blue bloods is a good show but I still like P.I. better.

Just a nick name I've had for a long time. Magnum P.I. is one of my favorite shows and alot better than some of the crap on the tube now.