Baja mode for daily commute?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Chicago so the pot holes are pretty horrible here. I set my R button up for Quiet Exhaust, Sport Steering and Baja suspension. It might all be placebo effect, but I find the ride much better on the city surface streets and then I switch back to normal mode once I am on the highway.

Who really knows though, just an idea I had and it is working for me.
Can you tell a difference between sport and baja suspension mode as far as stiffnes goes. some folks say sport is the stiffest and some say baja. I would think baja would be pretty firm since its designed to abdorb the hard hits from dune riding. btw I have no experience, im still waiting for mine.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sport is definitely stiffer but it seems not as still as my Gen2 in sport mode. I can’t really tell between normal and Baja.

BobA

Reaction score
Can you tell a difference between sport and baja suspension mode as far as stiffnes goes.

Sport is definitely stiffer but it seems not as still as my Gen2 in sport mode. I can’t really tell between normal and Baja.

Sport did seem stiffer to me so I have been liking how Baja rides. Normal mode is just far to loose and it feels like you are rolling around on a boat when driving on surface streets.

How do I do this?
Sport mode and then use the steering wheel button for suspension. You could also do this with all 3 steering wheel buttons

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Chicago so the pot holes are pretty horrible here. I set my R button up for Quiet Exhaust, Sport Steering and Baja suspension. It might all be placebo effect, but I find the ride much better on the city surface streets and then I switch back to normal mode once I am on the highway.

Who really knows though, just an idea I had and it is working for me.
Same, also in Chicago. I've been liking the Sport mode w/Baja suspension on my daily commute to float over the holes

Can you tell a difference between sport and baja suspension mode as far as stiffnes goes. some folks say sport is the stiffest and some say baja. I would think baja would be pretty firm since its designed to abdorb the hard hits from dune riding. btw I have no experience, im still waiting for mine.
Definitely noticeable for me. Stiffest to softest is Sport > Normal > Baja imo

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I see the OP is in Kali, doesn't say where. If you live in Baja, don't ever drive in anything BUT Baja. But, if you live in SanFran, well.....don't know what to tell you there.