Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gap in the trim was due to us removing the Grille for the 30" S8. Not everything was put together quite yet.

The bracket does allow for up and down as well as side to side adjustment. When aimed correctly the lights will follow the lines nicely.

Thanks!
Bailey, Baja Designs

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Got your email and replied :biggrin:

That is correct. The OnX6 will NOT fit in the upper grille. There is not enough clearance between the housing and the louvers behind the grille.

As far as the lower grille goes, you can remove it without trimming. It just requires removal of quite a few clips. We will have instructions available on this process.

Unless I am losing it (possible lol) I didn't get the email...but Nick on the Raptor Gen II Group via FB is taking care of me via his company.

Sounds like the (2) Cubes in lower Bumper w/that rectangular light on the outside, and then the OnX6 in the lower Grill/Bumper after I remove those clips you mentioned...but Nick was saying you DON'T have that Bracket yet???

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if I get a set of Squadron Pro wide cornering and then later want to change them to spots, do I just need to but new lenses?

Reaction score
Baja Designs look great on Gen 2s, These things are stupid bright!

16722383_398059353891756_8417435651485431731_o.jpg

Reaction score
Do you more pics of this and what is the difference in mounting vs Rigid? Is the opening of that plate the same? I have Venom R's and wanted this set up but really got no help from ADD or Baja Design, just a lot of IDK
All of our new bumpers have universal light mounts, you can use multiple brands of lights now. Baja Designs fit great in them! This is our Venom R bumper just like yours. You need to buy our universal light mount kit to ensure fitment.

You know we need more pictures of this setup from the front, right??? Entire truck?

This is the only other one I have, truck will be back here in a few weeks, should be getting better pics then. PM me for pics of the truck.

16804289_398697683827923_1216344356428636427_o.jpg

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wonder how well this bracket would work with Rigid d2 or dully lights?

It won't work

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Hey everyone!

We need your input on wiring for these kits. Right now we are stuck between two options.

Option 1:
Two Upfitter Switches
One is for 4 Lights total where the other is for 2 Lights

Option 2:
One Upfitter Switch
This will include a relay that allows you to run all 6 lights on one switch
(Gen 2 Can't run all lights at once)

What does everyone think?
It looks like we will be changing up these kits a little (Part of the fun of the prototype phase :biggrin:) and offering these in 3 Performance Packages (Sportsmen, Pro, and Unlimited)

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

So if I get a set of Squadron Pro wide cornering and then later want to change them to spots, do I just need to but new lenses?

Correct! All you need is a Spot lens kit that can be found here:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Replacement-Lenses.asp

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Unless I am losing it (possible lol) I didn't get the email...but Nick on the Raptor Gen II Group via FB is taking care of me via his company.

Sounds like the (2) Cubes in lower Bumper w/that rectangular light on the outside, and then the OnX6 in the lower Grill/Bumper after I remove those clips you mentioned...but Nick was saying you DON'T have that Bracket yet???

The 10" Lower Grille Mount is slightly behind the other kits. We are waiting on the first articles where the others have alright arrived. We will post up here as more details come