Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It won't work

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Hey everyone!

We need your input on wiring for these kits. Right now we are stuck between two options.

Option 1:
Two Upfitter Switches
One is for 4 Lights total where the other is for 2 Lights

Option 2:
One Upfitter Switch
This will include a relay that allows you to run all 6 lights on one switch
(Gen 2 Can't run all lights at once)

What does everyone think?
It looks like we will be changing up these kits a little (Part of the fun of the prototype phase :biggrin:) and offering these in 3 Performance Packages (Sportsmen, Pro, and Unlimited)

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Correct! All you need is a Spot lens kit that can be found here:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Replacement-Lenses.asp

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

The 10" Lower Grille Mount is slightly behind the other kits. We are waiting on the first articles where the others have alright arrived. We will post up here as more details come
What about running three switches?

Seartrip

Reaction score
I vote for Option 1. While I'll only be running four lights instead of six (just two pairs of lights), I want to use two upfitter switches to control two light circuits.

I can live without a harness, though, and make my own. It's the brackets I'm after. If I can't scratch this itch soon it's off to the machine tools and I'm gonna have to fab my own. Please take my money and help me take the easy route. :)

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't work

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Hey everyone!

We need your input on wiring for these kits. Right now we are stuck between two options.

Option 1:
Two Upfitter Switches
One is for 4 Lights total where the other is for 2 Lights

Option 2:
One Upfitter Switch
This will include a relay that allows you to run all 6 lights on one switch
(Gen 2 Can't run all lights at once)

What does everyone think?
It looks like we will be changing up these kits a little (Part of the fun of the prototype phase :biggrin:) and offering these in 3 Performance Packages (Sportsmen, Pro, and Unlimited)

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Correct! All you need is a Spot lens kit that can be found here:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Replacement-Lenses.asp

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

The 10" Lower Grille Mount is slightly behind the other kits. We are waiting on the first articles where the others have alright arrived. We will post up here as more details come

Why the heck can't the GENII Run all Lights at the same time? I am assuming you mean although 7 Uplifter switches vs. the 4 on my 2014 Gen I which I can have all 4 toggeled on and running them...you mean the Gen II cannot have all 7 live simultaneously?? Forgive me b/c I literally just got my truck last night, and Chinese Fire Drills with work, snow, etc...so not one second to read up on anything...but I need to understand this part first to answer your question intelligently

Do you have an ETA on that middle bottom Bracket for your Killer 10" light?

Also...maybe you can explain better...but on my 2014 Gen I the Rigid Dealer that installed all the lights used all of their Wiring Kits w/their Relays and all...but I am seeing conflicting reports here and on FB stating that none of that is necessary...but not knowing what exactly Ford gives us for a lead to the Uplifter Switches I would like to know for sure, thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why the heck can't the GENII Run all Lights at the same time? I am assuming you mean although 7 Uplifter switches vs. the 4 on my 2014 Gen I which I can have all 4 toggeled on and running them...you mean the Gen II cannot have all 7 live simultaneously?? Forgive me b/c I literally just got my truck last night, and Chinese Fire Drills with work, snow, etc...so not one second to read up on anything...but I need to understand this part first to answer your question intelligently

Do you have an ETA on that middle bottom Bracket for your Killer 10" light?

Also...maybe you can explain better...but on my 2014 Gen I the Rigid Dealer that installed all the lights used all of their Wiring Kits w/their Relays and all...but I am seeing conflicting reports here and on FB stating that none of that is necessary...but not knowing what exactly Ford gives us for a lead to the Uplifter Switches I would like to know for sure, thanks.

None of the switches are rated to handle all lights on one switch. It CAN be done with a relay as well which is Option 2. You can run all switches at once, you just can't run all lights on one switch without a relay.

No ETA at this time for the 10" Kit. Waiting for the first articles. It's delayed a little bit compared to our other kits.

We would like to use the upfitter connections without any additional relays, fused, or wiring. Most people prefer this as well. It's NOT require to use a relay unless the accessory draws more than the upfitter connections are rated at.

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Option 1 for sure.

Also, I really like the bumper slot combo you've been showing. I'm thinking that I'd want to run just the center most ambers any time my factory lights are on since we don't actually have fogs like most vehicles (i.e. tie them to the factory relay and not have to turn them on manually all the time). However, I'd still want to be able to cut them out via the aux switches.

Would you be able to support something like this as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: