Bad Shock Fighting Ford. Anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgordon

Reaction score
37 PP stock truck few months old with blown right shock. Ride sucks & shock squeaks till the cows come home. Shock however is not leaking fluid so per the ford tech bulletin they cannot replace. Obviously I will fight this. Has anyone else shared same experience?

StangGT5

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try a different dealer (just assuming you've only been through one). I know it sounds goofy, but if you rack up three + visits for the same issue it may be easier to get Ford's attention. Does it bounce or sway dramatically enough to show up on video? Consider reaching out to Ford customer care if so.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a front right squeak on my 22 37pp. Took it in, tech came and looked, service manager came and looked jumped up and down on the running boards a few times heard the squeak ordered the part. 9 days later I t dropped the truck off on my way to work, picked it up at lunch. Problem solved. This is 100% a service department problem. I had no visible fluids either. I agree with the different dealer. Also, it matters what you say in the reviews they send out.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
have you checked torque on bushings? Try to get some lube in there. Squeaking from the shaft? Thats rare.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you checked torque on bushings? Try to get some lube in there. Squeaking from the shaft? Thats rare.
As I was researching the problem (there is a dedicated thread somewhere on this) it was suggested to put silicone lube. So I did. It stopped the squeak for about a day and it came back. In that thread there are multiple of the 22 37pp that have had this issue and none were able to resolve with lube. The tech did ask me if I had lubed it.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I was researching the problem (there is a dedicated thread somewhere on this) it was suggested to put silicone lube. So I did. It stopped the squeak for about a day and it came back. In that thread there are multiple of the 22 37pp that have had this issue and none were able to resolve with lube. The tech did ask me if I had lubed it.
Bushings used to be serviceable… silicone spray isnt worth d-ck… The thicker the better.

modraptor

Reaction score
I have a 21 37pp Raptor. Last year, I had this same issue in the right front wheel. I live in MN so winters and it would get wet and I could not recreate it. When summer rolled around it finally was making noises constantly enough that I drove to dealer. Tech came out jumped on the runner boards and could hear it. They lubed it up said if it comes back make an appointment. It came back in a few days. They ordered the parts and replaced it all. squeek is gone, was super annoying especially with windows down and slower speeds.
Note- I have been adding MODS to my truck that have me under the truck and adding cables to the AUX harness. A lot of the factory cables were loose and not properly secured. I could tell it was due to the work done on the wheel. So after they replace your shocks (bushings) peek in there and make sure the cables are put back nice and neat. Mine were too close to exhaust that I had to tie them back and away for the heat.

OP
OP
M

mgordon

Reaction score
Appreciate all the info. & yes taking to another dealer this week. More than anything just annoying. Truck has lived at the dealer for being brand new...! Wish I had my 2012 Raptor lol.