Anyone else notice a rattle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobbyboost

Reaction score
This is my first Raptor, so I’m not privy to all of the little quirks in these trucks. I’m also one of those guys that hears and feels EVERYTHING in my vehicles. It drives me nuts sometimes.

When I picked my truck up the tires were at almost 50 psi (is this some sort of joke dealers like to play on people?), so I figured I’d feel every dip and divot on my ride home. Today after I brought the tires down to 38/37 I drove around for awhile and can still feel a little rattle in the gas pedal when going over manhole covers and small bumps. I also thought I heard something rubbing when turning fully right in a parking lot, but couldn’t recreate it afterwards. The alignment is straight, no squeaks or audible rattles/bangs while driving.

It’s a 35 w/801A. Has anyone else had a similar experience with their new truck, or am I just being overly sensitive about it?

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re in for a terrible experience if you’re freaking out already. It’s going to rattle, creak, vibrate, and act like a truck. If you start chasing little things you’ll never be happy. Enjoy the truck, don’t overthink it.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice a little bit of a rattle, but not a big deal. I just attribute this to the suspension and the fact these shocks have way more travel than most other types of vehicles.

Cmart

Reaction score
A lot of Gen 3 guys are coming from cars or high end suvs.

The F-150 is a truck, furthermore it's a truck designed for off road use. Turn up the radio !
This…I’m coming from BMWs for the past 10yrs and they’re pretty quiet and I hear EVERYTHING. I think I’ll be taking advantage of that B&O system haha. Looking forward to it!

OP
OP
B

bobbyboost

Reaction score
Still getting that rattle in the gas pedal and floorboard over small bumps? Because I am and its driving me crazy.
Yep. I've tried different modes (steering and suspension), 2H, 4A, 4L, 4H, checked sway bar end links, shock mounts, skid plates, etc. Still no definitive source for the rattle.

garrettkite

Reaction score
I'm also having the same issue. It's the front passenger side tire for me. I feel it through the gas pedal and seems like there's a slight clunk noise as well. I took it into the dealer today & they checked the rotors, hubs, suspension, sway bar, and couldn't find anything. We drove around and I could hear/feel the issue the entire time, but the tech said there wasn't enough there to justify tearing the hub and/or suspension apart to diagnose. He is submitting a report to Ford and said to encourage anyone else with the issue to do the same so that this can potentially become a recall. And no, this isn't the lane-keeping assist vibration that some guys have reported as an issue ha.

OP
OP
B

bobbyboost

Reaction score
I'm also having the same issue. It's the front passenger side tire for me. I feel it through the gas pedal and seems like there's a slight clunk noise as well. I took it into the dealer today & they checked the rotors, hubs, suspension, sway bar, and couldn't find anything. We drove around and I could hear/feel the issue the entire time, but the tech said there wasn't enough there to justify tearing the hub and/or suspension apart to diagnose. He is submitting a report to Ford and said to encourage anyone else with the issue to do the same so that this can potentially become a recall. And no, this isn't the lane-keeping assist vibration that some guys have reported as an issue ha.
Ugh. This is exactly why I haven't bothered with the dealer yet.