Back Up Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure everyone has noticed how weak the stock back-up lights are on the Raptor, as they are on most trucks. Amazon has a PIAA #1540 kit for $130.95+shipping. I was looking for a complete kit Lights, wiring, relay etc. The lights come on when shifting in to reverse, also liked the low profile style of these lights they would tuck up nice under the rear bumper. So, I decided to give it a shot. When the kit arrived, I was pleased with the quality and the instructions were easy to understand. The install was freely easy I used the existing two bumper bolts to mount the light, ran the wires through the right frame rail, taped in to the right side reverse light wire (Blue with white tracer) to switch the lights on when shifting in to reverse and mounted the relay next to the battery using an existing bolt that holds the A/C lines in place. I have not wired the lights to one of the “Up fitter Switches”, yet, that’s next. All and all it’s a nice package I am happy with the light output and I would recommend it.

Amazon.com: PIAA 1540 1500 Clear Flood Back-Up Lamp - Set of 2: Automotive

Attachments

• IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 103

A10fxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! Hook them up to the “Up fitter Switches”, and they should work nicely on the knuckle heads that roll up on you with their brights on. you can return the favor!

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the stealth under-truck dually mount thing. I also wired them to both the backup lights and off an uplifter. But I have not really used the uplifter very much. It was more because I thought it would be cool. It's not hard but it's a fair amount of time running the wire under the truck. Probably not really worth the effort...

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PIAAs look great. I already ordered Duallys and will go with the upfitter switch as I like to have them on for setting up camp or what have you without the having to have the truck in reverse.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
The PIAAs look great. I already ordered Duallys and will go with the upfitter switch as I like to have them on for setting up camp or what have you without the having to have the truck in reverse.

Exactly. I want to be able to turn them on whenever. They'll be ideal for hooking up my car trailer or loading a car.

So which aux switch? I'm assuming I'll have to use an inline fuse if I run them to one of the switches.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I bought a set of cheap H3 Halogen lights and mounted them on the angled portions of the Reese Hitch. (Decided to tuck them back there to provide more protection - I can't imagine anything hanging from the underside of my bumper for very long...).
I mounted them in November, but then it's been too damn cold to wire them up.
They came with a switch, and an inline fuse setup - so I will just cut off the switch and wire it from the inline fuse up to the front, and use AUX 4. The lights don't post any sort of amp rating, so if they don't work on 4, then I'll switch it to AUX 2.
I too want to use them when needed, even moving forward.

Edit - day shots. Maybe next week things will thaw out enough to wire them up. I'll post night shots later.
182276_10150142709304283_661084282_8026587_3864992_n.jpg

185932_10150142709369283_661084282_8026589_1548562_n.jpg

Last edited: