Back-Up Cameras Work in "Reverse," Then Don't Show Ahead / Forward After Selecting "Drive?"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoresman903

Reaction score
I'm a few days into my 2022 and am experiencing a difference after I put the truck in reverse, where the front facing cameras don't automatically come onto the screen like my 2017 (it would stay that way until I shifted out of Drive -or- moved forward faster than 5 mph or so).

Is this the new normal for my GEN 3? Or might there be a setting that activates this feature?

Thanks, and I did try a search on this topic - to no avail.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm honestly struggling to understand what your asking. Are you saying your old truck would show the front camera automatically when put in reverse?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Regardless of drive mode. Rear cameras should come in when you are in reverse.

Front cameras only come on if you press the button to turn them on or you engage rock crawl mode.

If you 2017 did otherwise you had a bonus feature.

OP
OP
scoresman903

scoresman903

Reaction score
In my 2017, the rear camera and birds-eye came on in Reverse. If I put the 2017 into Drive, the front cameras (actually, front came on and birds-eye stayed on; no cameras when I shift the 2022 into Drive).

I checked the sync menu, see attached photo of menu, found the menu item smurfslayer suggested, and turned the delay feature on. It does keep the rear camera and birds-eye on, which is helpful - thanks!IMG_2373.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2373.jpg
    IMG_2373.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 8

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Regardless of drive mode. Rear cameras should come in when you are in reverse.

Front cameras only come on if you press the button to turn them on or you engage rock crawl mode.

If you 2017 did otherwise you had a bonus feature.
Lol. I have no clue what he’s explaining but I’m 100% sure my 17 never did what he’s talking about.
My 2017 does not activate the front Camera when I shift to Drive, only if I push the camera button.

I'm assuming your Gen3 is doing the same.
Same 17 experience as you!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Lol. I have no clue what he’s explaining but I’m 100% sure my 17 never did what he’s talking about.

Same 17 experience as you!
Then you didn’t configure it in sync. Rocking a ’17 here and was lucky enough that some other user dropped that clueful information on us back then. it works thusly:

You put the truck in reverse and the camera activates, you shift to drive and the camera stays on until you exceed 3 or 6 mph I think and the screen reverts to normal.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then you didn’t configure it in sync. Rocking a ’17 here and was lucky enough that some other user dropped that clueful information on us back then. it works thusly:

You put the truck in reverse and the camera activates, you shift to drive and the camera stays on until you exceed 3 or 6 mph I think and the screen reverts to normal.
Thanks! Lifelong learner here; learn something new everyday!