Avoiding theft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aird_outSRT

Reaction score
I did the best I could with it. You are arguing for a product that I cannot use. How is that helpful. I understand you don’t like ravelco. Fine. Whatever. But we’re talking about solutions and you are coming to the table with something that just isn’t one. Debate all you want with yourself but if you want to be helpful how about offer something that isn’t useless to me
A well hidden killswitch is far more beneficial and far cheaper than ravelco that is in your face and easily bypassed. You commented, I responded.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A well hidden killswitch is far more beneficial and far cheaper than ravelco that is in your face and easily bypassed. You commented, I responded.
A good shop is charging about $300-$400 to install a kill switch when I priced it out. If the switch is found in the hidden spot, turning it on would be all it takes to bypass. 100% success rate if found.

Ravelco is double the cost and the receptacle is out in the open. Bypassing it requires more than just the flip of a switch or pressing of the button. Success rate to bypass without making a mistake and possibly shorting out the system? Not sure on this one.

Either way it seems you are SOL if you cross paths with the wrong thief or someone with a flatbed. I guess with the two sub $750 options listed above, you have to choose which one is going to make you sleep better at night but get something.

Anyone have any super hidden kill switches they want to talk about?

Aird_outSRT

Reaction score
A good shop is charging about $300-$400 to install a kill switch when I priced it out. If the switch is found in the hidden spot, turning it on would be all it takes to bypass. 100% success rate if found.

Ravelco is double the cost and the receptacle is out in the open. Bypassing it requires more than just the flip of a switch or pressing of the button. Success rate to bypass without making a mistake and possibly shorting out the system? Not sure on this one.

Either way it seems you are SOL if you cross paths with the wrong thief or someone with a flatbed. I guess with the two sub $750 options listed above, you have to choose which one is going to make you sleep better at night but get something.

If you can read schematics you can install a switch yourself

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I
If you can read schematics you can install a switch yourself
Bro-most people can’t do that. Wish I could. And certainly not going to try on a new 100k truck. Sure a kill switch is cheaper. We’re talking about a few hundred bucks. That’s literally .01 percent of the vehicle. Who cares. I did ravelco because it was the only option readily available. I don’t know any shops and didn’t trust a kill switch from Amazon. When igla comes out for 24 models I may add it. But until then I have some peace of mind. Better than nothing.

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree with you. I’d have done it if I could. But I can’t and went with what was easiest and the least bad option. I feel much more comfortable that they can’t jump in and be out in 15 seconds. I call complete BS anyone can defeat a revelco in that time. If they could then they deserve my truck and they can have it

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a second I have a question. This guy is arguing like igla is undefeated. Is that true? Is it the best by far no questions asked? What are the downsides? It’s pretty invasive from a software standpoint. I’m sure somone can beat it. Why so angry about the ravelco? I’m confused by the hate when the cost is literally a tiny percentage of what you would even pay as a deductible

Aird_outSRT

Reaction score
Wait a second I have a question. This guy is arguing like igla is undefeated. Is that true? Is it the best by far no questions asked? What are the downsides? It’s pretty invasive from a software standpoint. I’m sure somone can beat it. Why so angry about the ravelco? I’m confused by the hate when the cost is literally a tiny percentage of what you would even pay as a deductible
No it hasn’t been defeated, it gives off no electronic signature. Angry at ravelco? No, just exposing the decades of lies and deception so they can move into a 12,500 square foot mansion while people are getting their ravelco equipped vehicles stolen and they continue to say impossible. The videos were made to show its not and done with the slowest method and still was under 30 seconds. If you can’t install your own killswitch then how can you call bs when you know nothing about either of them. If you want to pay my travel I will come bypass your ravelco on camera if you want. I will just put a feeler out and do some installs while I am there. But yes, 5-10 seconds with a bit of practice

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it hasn’t been defeated, it gives off no electronic signature. Angry at ravelco? No, just exposing the decades of lies and deception so they can move into a 12,500 square foot mansion while people are getting their ravelco equipped vehicles stolen and they continue to say impossible. The videos were made to show its not and done with the slowest method and still was under 30 seconds. If you can’t install your own killswitch then how can you call bs when you know nothing about either of them. If you want to pay my travel I will come bypass your ravelco on camera if you want. I will just put a feeler out and do some installs while I am there. But yes, 5-10 seconds with a bit of practice
You seem angry that the guy made a business and is running it like one. I’m sure the owner is a ****. Who cares. I’m sure he lies. Who cares. Did you lose a car because of it? All I’m saying is that it has been around for a long time and there would be zero chance that it would’ve lasted with still good reviews if it didn’t work at all. Is it perfect-no nothing is. When igla has 40 years in business we can have this convo again and see how that pans out. Btw what do you know about the igla company? Probably nothing.
Side note-zero chance you can defeat ANY anti theft is 15 seconds or less. Literally you can’t break into the car in that time let alone clone a key to then even try to defeat a ravelco. Bro be real.

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would literally write a check for 15k if you can steal my truck in 15 seconds or less. lol you would be a billionaire if you could. That’s some straight up magic

Aird_outSRT

Reaction score
I would literally write a check for 15k if you can steal my truck in 15 seconds or less. lol you would be a billionaire if you could. That’s some straight up magic
I said bypass not steal it. If I wanted to steal vehicles I wouldn’t be trying to secure them Bro be real